What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Next step: Muso :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh no! Is the KS-1 cable a gateway drug?

2 Likes

Haha.
I wasn’t seriously thinking about a speaker upgrade until the end of the year. These popped onto my radar today and were just too tempting!

G

3 Likes

Blimey…

Ah yes :flushed:

1 Like

Hi Nigel, welcome back to the forum and congratulations on the new system. It looks very good in your room. I am still a bit surprised. If I remember correctly, you previously had NDX2 + Supernait 3. You rated the combination as better than the Uniti Nova ( Link click here). Now you use the Nova. It would be exciting to hear how you rate the sound quality of the Nova today. I ask because I am considering upgrading my Atom and I am leaning towards the NDX2+Supernait 3 rather than the Nova. This is also because of your experience (and similar impressions of others) 2 years ago (see link above).

Super upgrade Graeme to complement the rest of your system.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

Welcome back Nigel. I’ve always loved my Nova, it gets used everyday in our lounge. I know you tried one a while back and I suggested that it’s at its best with the right speaker matching, which it looks like you’ve found. I’ve been upgrading my main system, but will certainly keep the Nova, as it’s such a nice simple setup to come back to and if we move, or need to downsize, it’s ready to go :sunglasses:. I also think with the Naim ecosystem, it’s a real sweet spot for performance and value.

1 Like

Replacement puck for the CD player… can’t imagine where the original one has gone, but still looking for it (had often thought it would be good idea to have a spare).
Fortunately, Cymbiosis supplied one very, very, quickly.

1 Like

Should we now expect a songs of praise thread , about Kudos 505?
I haven’t had time to read all the praise about the tablets… :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Great to see you back HH. I’m sure you’ll love your new system

As you remembered, I preferred the NDX2/SN3 with the ProAcs when I tried the Nova last year. But the hankering for simplification was still there and I suspected there was a Nova/speakers thing going on.

My dealer let me borrow their dem Nova and PMCs for a few days to try it out. First I tried the Nova with my ProAcs and I wasn’t happy with it, just like before. I then tried the PMCs and it was much better, and gave me a sound I could live with. I did not try the ND/SN with the PMCs as there seemed no point. It was bound to be better and I’d know I was settling for something inferior.

I’m using one of the Powerlines I had already, and my Kudos KS-1 speaker cables. I suspect that the Tablettes were a tad small for our room. The PMCs fill the room much better, and have a bigger scale. For whatever reason, it all seems to work.

Thanks to everyone for the friendly welcome, I really do appreciate it.

27 Likes

If you’re enjoying it and it’s getting used regularly that’s the most important thing.
The fact it fits in with everything else going on around it is of course a bonus also.

2 Likes

A used Titan Helios mains… just put it on my supernait 3 and moved the full fat power line to hicap… goodness! 3d sounds more obvious!. I did initially swap the power line on the Nait leaving the pl lite on the hicap, and not much in it, but putting the power line on the hicap is significant! And yes I know another pl on the Sn3 is proper but the titan was a lot cheaper

Edit- swapped the titan to the hicap and Pl on sn3… more Naim type sound with slightly less hifi 3d effects but more toe tap., fun experiment!

2 Likes

Many thanks for the detailed explanation. I can understand it very well. A lot depends on the interaction of the system, speakers and the room. It’s wonderful if you have a good solution. Enjoy.

Hehe, we’ll see.

G

2 Likes

Welcome back HH.

As I recall you had PMCs previously (twenty23?) - maybe its the call of transmission lines…
Interesting that you’ve gone for an all-in-one. Where you tempted at by the 222, albeit that it would have needed an amp?

Ordered this today, the Flux-Sonic stylus cleaner…

3 Likes

Received this today.

3 Likes

A few caps for a home made differential mains filter, plugged in next to the Lumagen squeezes nicely between one pair of 135’s

2 Likes