What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Moving Pictures (+ some other Rush stuff). There’s a reason why MP is their biggest selling album at 6.1 million sales. Just astonishing.

4 Likes

My whole floor would be covered if I put all mine out Mike😉

2 Likes

…there are some real gems to be honest.
Some aren’t fond of ‘Clockwork Angels’, but I absolutely love it.
I couldn’t go and see them on the tour sadly, spent most of that year in and out of hospital…:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

Actually I have that on cd and do like it. I’ll probably start adding the vinyl reissues one at a time over the next few years

1 Like

Ha ha, that coincides with when I stopped buying vinyl - until I started again this year😎

I think I have all the studio albums except Snakes and Arrows on CD:

4 Likes

Enjoy.

1 Like

Last tour I saw them was Snakes and Arrows @ Manchester Arena in 2007. I remember sitting down for the whole gig. I would have been about 40. Even then I was getting old and boring :joy:

1 Like

Saw them in Sheffield on that tour. BRILLIANT!
Took my son, he was 14.
Last time I saw them. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

I was there too!

2 Likes

NAC 332 Preamplifier - out of the box!

37 Likes

I was at that gig, not sure I sat down much though!

2 Likes

Impressive.

But do you have one of these?

6 Likes

No; and very nice😊

Pair of NOS 1961 Mullard double halo EL38 tubes and adapters!

17 Likes

ATMV750SH not decided if it’s a stayer yet, early days and never tried shibata stylus before.

12 Likes

8 Likes

Sadly not. And, off all the bands I have wanted to see live, I never had the chance to see Rush.

1 Like

Isoacoustics Gaia II - I got a great price on one set pre-loved so bought the second set new. Will I have an imbalance with one set still burning in? :crazy_face:

They brought a very nice uplift in sound, but left my speakers tilting forward so I sprang for the carpet spikes which fixed that and took it all from very nice to wow! Worth every penny

18 Likes

Not so much new gear per say, but a relevant upgrade nevertheless.

I had electricians out to the house the last two days. They added a new 100 amp sub-panel to our existing 200 amp service. As a part of that they wired a dedicated 20 amp circuit on the new panel with it’s own isolated ground for a quad outlet in the listening room. I also bought a set of Hubbell cryo’d hospital grade outlets from AV Options for a quad to connect the Naim PSUs and two subs.

I also have a HRS R3X isolation platform on the way to use for my new Clearaudio Innovation turntable. At 62 lbs it exceeded the weight limit and available footprint of my old isoAcoustics Delos platform.

6 Likes

I’m not a Rush fan (don’t judge me, please), but I did see them when I was sixteen in 1980. Funny things is, I rode down to the concert from the 'burbs in the back of a friend’s pickup (when you could still do things like that) and lost one of my contacts. Unfortunately I didn’t have my case with me so had to sit through he concert with only one eye corrected. We were all the way to the back, stage center, long before the days of video screens, and it was something of a fuzzy show, most of it spent annoyingly covering one eye…

2 Likes