What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

I also don’t have a comparison between the different Furutech Wall outlets and would prefer the NCF variant if in doubt (the price difference here in Switzerland is 180 francs versus 240 francs). I also think power supply is extremely important and should be understood as a total system. I have dedicated mains that have eliminated the previous strong fluctuations in sound quality. I also use a Furutech power cable with FI-E50 NCF (R) connectors that I bought used. It is wonderful and complements the power outlet perfectly.

2 Likes

These experiments have really been an eye (or I guess an ear) opener as to how important power is when it comes to audio. Guess Naim was on to something when they offer all these power supply upgrades :grin:

1 Like

No doubt clean power is very important.

I had my eyes(ears) opened recently when like @JosquinDesPrez I had an electrician do some work. He installed/replaced a defective ‘something’ and added 20 amp circuit. Not “night and day” but I definitely could hear an improvement across the board. Between this and my new Farad Super3 it feels like a black box upgrade.

Been looking for a decent quality 3.5mm to 3.5mm lead . This one sounds great, and a very sensible price

1 Like

Just with what I got and no fancy Furutech outlets it sounds much better. Soundstage, clarity, resolution of detail seems better so far. So I’m happy with what I have as is. I can take that $600 for the Furutechs and fund my record purchases for the next few months instead. Now that’s what I call an upgrade. :slight_smile:

I’m done with upgrades although I still might change tonearm #2 for the 12" version, and I still have a HRS R3X isolation platform on order for my turntable.

1 Like

Amazing what good clean power can do isn’t it? Yeah you’ll need the extra money as HRS stuff isn’t cheap yikes

1 Like

Yeah, that platform is about $2K, but I’ll have a $50K turntable sitting on it (given TT, two arms, two cartridges).

1 Like

With my SuperNait2 and HiCapDR boxed up with manuals and various required cables, all ready to be taken to their new home at my friend Adrian’s house - I realised that the NARCOM 4 remote must be included with the Integrated Amplifier.

Needing a control for my CDX2.2 player (which unfortunately the Zigbee cannot do) I have ordered a new NARCOM 5 remote as a replacement, which should be here by the middle of next week.

6 Likes

I’m sort of missing my old Narcom-4 - but the new R-Com weighs about 10 times as much and does give you an illumination display when you as much as hint at handling it !

1 Like

Out of curiosity which dealer offers this? I’m not in Canada but I’m in your neighborhood! :wink:

Today I ordered an NSS 333 to replace my NDX 2.

20 Likes

I upgraded my 200/202 this year; no more!
I went to a 250-2/202
Today, I am on a 250DR/282.
I am just glad that all the Naim gear looks so much alike; neither the X nor my children can see any obvious differences.

9 Likes

Looking forward to reading about your experience with the NSS333

1 Like

I will try to do my best

1 Like

Did you demo it or just swipe your card?

2 Likes

I buy my Furutech stuff from Audio Sensibility, who is local to me. They have a website, not sure where all they ship too, where are you located in the US? If so Dave from Zenwave Audio is probably who you want to contact. He burns in his outlets & has a vast knowledge/experience when it comes to things cable/power related. He has numerous post’s on whatsbestforums specifically talking about the Furutech NCF stuff, which are very informative.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll reach out to them. I’m just South of Vancouver :wink:
I’m intrigued(doing research) about these to be honest. Apparently my PS uses Furutech inlets so maybe having an outlet could improve things some.

And that’s just one reason why I prefer the Narcom 5. The R-Com sits unused.

2 Likes

I’ve got it sat on a big stack of books and pointing in the general direction of the 552 !

I had a short demo at my dealer. Very impressed!