What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Don’t trust wisdom that was the truth some 30 years ago. Your mains are toxic these days even if you have a dedicated line.

8 Likes

Marantz SA-10 SACD player

22 Likes

New headphone cable for the Atrium Closed I bought earlier. It was made by Cosmic Cables in the UK. It was a custom build of their Pluto cable (Silver plated OCC) with Furutech Rhodium 4 pin mini xlr for the headphones and a black Eidolic 4 pin XLR for the amp. Very well made. Soft and easy to handle with great sound quality.

6 Likes

Acoustic Energy AE100 mk2 and WiiM Pro Plus for my eldest daughter. Updating her Cambridge Audio SX50s that she has had for ages. Also, trying to get her into streaming (loves vinyl and playing more CDs of late).

Could all blow back in my face. We’ll see. At least she will be able to stream from her iPhone to her system.

8 Likes

So well made those AE100’s. I added a Yam wxad10 to my daughters system which was spare after getting an Ifi streamer transport for the cabin system. It sounded absurdly good via the Project amp and those speakers.

Unless it’s from Chord :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I had for years a kind of Christmas gift lined up on this front. But as I am currently on the top for what I belief my pyramid to be,……, only enjoying burned in equipment….

3 Likes

This arrived today, a 3m Chord Clearway streaming cable. It replaced a…. 1.5m Chord Clearway streaming cable. The router has moved so a longer cable was needed. Unfortunately they don’t stretch.

7 Likes

Active has its downsides.

14 Likes

Nice but Give them time to bed in mine took 4 months off fun.

1 Like

Are you happy with it. Had it before vodka and it was a bit Brighton my system and ears.

It seems ok to me, and I rather like Brighton!

2 Likes

:rofl: auto correct - Brighton is fine for me too.

Ha ha, yes autocorrect can give some fun results. I grew up in Worthing and spent many happy hours in Brighton, though it’s a bit too London-y these days.

I did have the Vodka cables once but they sounded slightly artificial to me. It’s nice to be able to try different things and find the one that works best.

Vodka is a bit artificial!
It is the rough touch I like - but I am open for a slightly smoother approach.

1 Like

Needed a new length myself, so giving this a try. It’s certainly well made.

G

2 Likes

Graham, I notice you no longer have your Kudos 505.

Any reason specifically as to why you moved them on ?

Just curious is all, of course you don’t have to justify or such as to why.

Would love to hear about both of these, as I’m considering something similar for something similar.

Well, well, what do we have here?

Stack Audio Auva 100s! A wonderful birthday gift from my wife… that I totally didn’t ask for in advance, no siree.

Attached to the bottom of my Kudos Titan 505

And done. Set up was pretty straightforward aside from having to unplug and re-connect a number of cables.

Won’t have a chance to listen in earnest probably until tomorrow but I’m excited!

13 Likes

I just bought a CDS, wow what a player. It has been serviced and came complete with a spare, unused mech. The Naim dealer that I bought it from advised me that it was originally owned by JV.

The CDS3 can’t compete

FF

7 Likes