What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

NDX2 here isn’t losing it until it falls off.

Great protection from Boxer spittle.

5 Likes

Hi @james_n

I’ve been looking forward to reading your test results of your new Sonore oM but now that the 2022 thread is closed, I hope you find the time to answer here.

The “What did you buy in 2022” thread is now closed, but my last entry was a set of IsoAcoustic Gaia’s for my speakers.
I have just got around to fitting them and…
OH! MY! GOD!
As far as SQ is confirmed, they are definitely the cheapest and most incredible accessory I have ever bought!!!
The Bass bloom is GONE!
So much so that I have removed both elements of the port plugs and even at 9:30 on the volume knob there is not a hint of it.
EVERYTHING is perfectly in control.
I have also stood them on two pieces of black Scottish Granite that I had lying around because of the suspended timber and carpeted floor.
I can’t wait to see what happens at the end of the week when we install the platform that is grounded into the concrete and will then isolate the Fraim from the floor too.
Then all I’ll need is the NSC222 and I’ll be happy😁
At least for a while🤣

15 Likes

Good ain’t they?

3 Likes

Why don’t dealers keep these things in stock and sell you a set when you buy your speakers…:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Asking me? :slightly_smiling_face:
Marco :cowboy_hat_face:

No was directed @D.L
The addition of the Farad Super 3 to the ether regen - was there an improvement in sound quality
David

+10

Delighted to hear it. In my opinion a really worthwhile upgrade as well. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Yes it did. I had already a good linear power supply for the eR but the Farad is so much better that the upgrade is bigger than adding the etherRegen to my network. I didn’t expect this so I was quite surprised. I also find their description of the orange fuse rather fitting. I will also upgrade the power and dc cables as the outcome is promising.

1 Like

I upgraded from Level1 copper to level2 copper + orange fuse. Great upgrade! I also added a Powerline to it. Everyone using EE8 should give Farad Super3 a go (they have a 20 days try and buy). I’m pretty sure most would be amazed by the improvement which is more than the EE8 itself with the original wall plug.

Got myself a 2kVA voltage regulator for my gear. My area loves to go to 250v. Some of my stuff is jap gear and my step down is 230v rated so it is feeding it US voltage at 250v. Was very concerned so had to get one

2 Likes

It’s disappointing to my mind that they are needed at all………they will even improve £30k plus speakers. If they had been designed properly they should not be needed?

1 Like

I will also go for the level2 upgrade and lean towards the copper, silver might be too much with the orange fuse. The fuse is great and totally worth its price.
I have no idea how good their powercables are but given the upgrade I guess its rather good. I don’t have a spare powerline otherwise I’d be using it. Maybe I’ll upgrade to chordmusic or sigX powercables and my powerlines will be free…
I agree, the Farad is (almost) mandatory. In my system the eR is much better than the ee8 with ethernet cables, with fiber anyway.

It looks a bit confusing on their web site. How do yo choose the DC output voltage and lead connections for an EE8?

You are probably right but it’s nearly impossible to design speakers for every environment and placement.

1 Like

It does make you wonder why Speaker Manufacturers don’t offer Isolation Feet as an alternative to spikes🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

On the first page you can select the DC Output voltage. For the EE8 it is 5V if I remember correctly. They do not provide a cheap stock power cable. You can choose the upgrade power cable later.

Also, EE8 use a 2.1mm tip with 5V DC and then to chose the AC you have where you live. DC cables come in different lengths with Level 1 + 2 in Copper and a Level 2 in silver. I preferred Level2 copper over silver in my system. I chose to exclude rhodium IEC. Fuse you can update with yourself later if not opting in for it at purchase.

1 Like

So you have tried both upgrade level 2 cables?
I chose the rhodium inlet as I have furutech rhodium wall sockets for my dedicated mains. In contrast to the fuse its more complicated to go for this upgrade later on