What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Picked up a rare Siemens 5184a Long Plate triple Mica tube from the 60/70s. The smaller tube in the photo.

Very hard to get a hold of these but was lucky enough to spot one go up for sale still sealed in it’s original packaging. Sounds extremely good and would love a spare but it may take a while to find another one.

10 Likes

for what amp or preamp if i may ask?

After being in my new home for 9 months I was able to move the washing machine and get a dishwasher installed in the kitchen. Maybe not directly related to hi-fi, but this wonderful bit of technology will give me a few more minutes every day to listen to music on the system. Over the years ahead this will add up to many more sides of LPs or ripped CDs.
I have also just dropped off the LP12 to have a Kore, Karosel, Trampolin 2 and Lingo 4 fitted.

2 Likes

Hi @paulbysea
I have those very same 4 upgrades on my LP12.
You’ll notice a big improvement.
Enjoy!! :+1:

1 Like

It’s a mark 2 Auris Nirvana headphone amp. I use the Atom HE as a pre into it. Makes for a wonderful combination!

1 Like

Good to hear.
I have one arriving wednesday to replace the xpsdr.
A number of respected dealers have said it is a wonderful addition to the NDX2.

Bought a second hand Shunyata Alpha V2 NR power chord.

Affectionately now known after being christened by Kevin at Definitive Audio as “The Donkey’s Appendage”. :rofl:

3 Likes

Bought a (second) secondhand 1.5m Chord Signature X power chord.

7 Likes

Just bought a used 555DR PS to power my nDac…it’s coming on Monday. Overkill (price wise) I know but i want to hear this combo.

8 Likes

Interested to hear what you think of it!

1 Like

Wow… poly makes mojo fly with Roon… way better than apple other cable.

Yes with Roon it’s a surprisingly capable
little box, I mostly use mine as a wired line level source to a Denon amp, handy little combo, enjoy!

Also interested to hear what you think of it!

Just scored an n-dac to compare to my hugo tt2, fed by Innuos pulse. Will be interesting to see how they compare. If I prefer the n-dac I will move the chord to headphone duties

4 Likes

I got an EE 8 Switch today. I had one for years, then sold it, having convinced myself that I’d been taken in by audiophile bollocks. But I missed it. So I bought another one. And it really does make a difference, in terms of musicality rather than hifi twaddle. We live and learn.

15 Likes

A serviced NAC82 and NAPSC to replace a 202

3 Likes

Add a linear power supply to it and be amazed on what a good power supply can do with a switch.

1 Like

Thanks but no. I’m very happy with it as it is. Anyway, a linear supply would use more power, which we are trying to save.

Made more of a difference than the switch itself for me.

4 Likes

Same here :+1:

3 Likes