What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Congrats! Lovely speakers!

The best experience I’ve had with mine is using Roon. I was an early adopter of Poly and it was a total pain to use in those early days, Glider and 8 Player Pro apps also work with it in the absence or Roon or when on the move for SD Card playback. You can add radio station URL’s to it also.

1 Like

So good to have you back here, @HungryHalibut !!

1 Like

Just Wow!

1 Like

Yep Roon here so should be easy and apparently the new v3 software makes set up easier via chords app. Should be here Tuesday

Yes, you’ll require the Chord Gofigure app to set it up, it then has two modes of operation, Roon or Everything Else. Enjoy :control_knobs::man_dancing::partying_face:

1 Like

My ps555dr has been in place a week now, after 4 years running NDX2 bare. The sound initially sounded a bit boomy (maybe my ears not used to the increased bass) but the clarity was magnificent from day 1. Hearing all my music like it’s new again!

20 Likes

Just received a new batch of these risers to better organize my cable dressing.
Cable-Elevator1

3 Likes

Made by?

McVities.

7 Likes

Just because I don’t know I’m going to ask the question that many of you will roll your eyes at when you read it. :face_with_peeking_eye:
Why shouldn’t cables touch the floor?

2 Likes

Yes these are incredible! Must be build with magic dust sprinkled all over. Ive been listening to music non stop for four days.

Theire about the same size as my old speakers, but they sound at least twice as big. Easily capable of filling the whole house with beautiful sound. Loud without ever getting intrusive.

Coherent, authoritative, rich, wonderfully detailed, silky smooth, energetic, dynamic and never lacking grunt. Everything seems just effortless to portray in a real natural way.

Been listening to just about everything and almost chocked how it handles all genres so brilliantly, from Jazz, Orchestraic to Punk to Desert/Stoner Rock…

1 Like

Good question! I don’t know either…guessing it’s not mice or vacuum cleaners!

Quite simple really. It’s to give this hobby a true scientific meaning, otherwise we would all be completely lost and just resort to enjoying the music. Also it’s a therapeutic setup puzzle for the inmates of this asylum

P.S. Just kidding it’s of course one more attention to detail that does bring something to a professional setup

4 Likes

Audiophile Vibration Control, I believe US based.

Well, in my case I am running a long power cable which now sits below the cable riser (on the bottom groove), and I have the speaker cable sitting on top of the able riser (upper groove), tidy and now I know there is some good vertical separation between the speaker cable and the power chord… that’s all I wanted… If there is any other science that proves how cables shouldn’t rest on the floor, then it would be a bonus benefit (although I am skeptical).

1 Like

Just got a nap300 (non dr) to go with the 282 and ndx recently acquired (into the nSats in the study). Need to decide whether or not to service the 300 - prob will, as am having the 282 serviced

5 Likes

I think cable risers are a health and safety requirement, to prevent mice from injuring themselves if they have to climb over them. With a cable riser in use, the mouse can happily scurry under the cable. Of course, if you have a cat or two then you won’t have mice and cats can have hours of fun batting cable risers under racks and sofas etc. This will then encourage audiophiles to do more exercise by retrieving the risers.

4 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2:
:rofl:

I need to use cable risers as the cable needs to be protected from accidentally being stood on and damaging, didn’t notice any difference in sound though. The joys of Townshend ownership!