What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

No, decisions to be made at home and timing to be worked out.
April/May for me probably…:man_shrugging:t2:

Joined the ranks of those adding a Chord Qutest to their ND5xs2……
Very very very :grin::rabbit:.

Probably the most cost effective upgrade I’ve made…… 9 moths old under £800, what’s not to love.

6 Likes

With the prices available on classic gear I would recommend listening to a 282 hicap and ndx, unless you want simplicity and the new platform. The classic combo is actually cheaper by about £1000 if you look at some of the ex display deals out there. Also I went to my dealer with the ex demo prices off the internet and got almost as good a deal on new boxes

1 Like

Yeah, I thought about it, but decided to go with New Classic.
No particular reason behind that decision, just really like the sound and simplicity of the NSC222/NAP250.

1 Like

I may have to go down this route too so I’m reassured that your are enjoying the Nova.

As you may remember from a previous discussion I have hearing issues too. Sadly things are getting worse and downsizing may well be a sensible thing to do - justifying my current system is becoming increasingly difficult :thinking:

I am currently testing ( and getting used to ) some Starkey 2400 Bi-Cros hearing aids. They still sound a bit ‘mechanical’ sometimes but are still improving ( running in? :wink: ). As I use Roon I am able to use some DSP to make things sound a bit better but I have done a quick test with the Music profile of the aid with better results than expected which is promising :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m back at the audiologist’s on Monday to have my profile set at the full prescription level - I’ve had it on ‘Novice’, currently on ‘Familiar’ and will move to ‘Expert’ on Monday. I’ll then do some proper listening with my aids and see how it goes.

:crossed_fingers:

Thanks for reading this far.

8 Likes

Hearing problems, especially when you love your music, are really crap. Feel free to get in touch. You can find me on PFM. A problem shared can be a problem halved. We need to support each other.

12 Likes

Thank you. Your support is very much appreciated!
I know you do or did use Starkey aids with good results so when my audiologist suggested Starkey I thought if you were happy with them then they should be good. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m also waiting for the results of the MRI scan to come back from my consultant. I’m expecting to have to have radiotherapy this year and it’s the radiotherapy that will cause more damage to my hearing.

My audiologist is confident that I’ll still have enough hearing to work with, however last year my consultant suggested learning BSL :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’ve just started an online BSL course and learning the alphabet to be able to do finger spelling. The course is virtually free but if you pay £25 it helps those who can’t afford it. I paid the 25 quid :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Picked up a NAP500 last Friday, assembled the Fraim on the Saturday.

I never thought I would ever reach the 500 series, a bit of luck along the way finding the right used bargain and plenty of saving too.

33 Likes

Well think again…
If I were in your shoes I would choose in nac252+nap300dr way, and I even had some change…

4 Likes

NSC 222 into Nap 500 ? Really ? The mullet police is here, and it’s me :joy:

7 Likes

Not 500, that was a typo which I’ve now edited🤦🏻‍♂️
New NAP250 is what I was trying to say…:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

i too have followed HH and downsized to a nova… no regrets and its ease of use is a winner.

6 Likes

The demo worked out well then. It’s certainly a fine box.

You need to update your profile :wink:

1 Like

oh yes!

2 Likes

Bespoke cover for my Thorens TD124 DD :relaxed:

23 Likes

Nova!

36 Likes

Nice!
Is it a brand new one?
How long to run in?:thinking:

Exdem from Tony.I was paying for it yesterday ! Very lightly used he said so yes running in…

3 Likes

Funny, this development with you an HH. As a Nova owner, I have always read that the SN3 is much better. Now you’re all going to the Nova.

Don’t you have the Rega anymore?

2 Likes

yes the SN3 has to be better and in terms of outright slam and power it is, but for my casual listening the nova is more than up to the task and has a more upbeat presentation than the darker sounding nait. Plus its easily to manage from the remote or front buttons, my previous streaming set up was i pad/ phone only so wife hated it.
I still have the rega and its in its box - it got used at xmas with some of our old xmas records and prior to that the xmas before! not selling it tho

1 Like