What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Memories,…use to have SL2’s in main system, and Allaes & N-Sats in secondary systems (and a UQ1)…wished I ‘d kept the N-Sats (and stands)… :cry:

Its me not dog

2 Likes

A bit of Moondog perhaps?

4 Likes

SL2s alive and well Chris :grin:
Allaes have left the building replaced with a lovely pair of SBLs, the playroom has become a teenage room the girls love the SBLs played daily and enjoyed.

1 Like

Get yourself a Nova, Chris :wink:

Hope you’re well :+1:

1 Like

A mint Nait XS2 nearly new - very impressed

8 Likes

Nice, given the facility improvements over the 5, and the cost of a Supernait, I think the XSes are a great place to be :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not me but my 17 year old son has just managed to grab himself a mint pair of Maple Allaes from a dealer!

I had better up my game!:flushed:

4 Likes

Nice to know the Allaes are appealing to a new generation

2 Likes

Never had naim speakers Chris!

1 Like

Radikal2 just powered up. Very significant increase in fine detail, more three dimensional, better soundstage, lower noise floor. A winner - in fact I would say an essential Radikal1 upgrade !

I am demoing an LP featuring Mel Lewis’s drums and it is really bringing out the subtleties and dynamics.

Long afternoon listening session beckons…

2 Likes

A new Rega P3 has joined the ranks earlier this week.
No decision on a cartridge, yet, to go along with the Stageline K (Recommendations welcome!)

Additional plans to upgrade the power supply, platter, and sub-platter are in the works as well.

12 Likes

Agreed the XS2 is my current sweet spot for sure - really making my Harbeths sing

1 Like

@knaithrover

The Nait XS 2 is an outstanding amp and my first piece of Naim amplification. What model of Harbeth speakers are you using with them. Thanks in advance…

1 Like

I have a mint pair of HL5 ES’ which I absolutely love - the XS2 has really woken them up.

2 Likes

I’m broadly interested James, and could see us eventually ending with a Nova and my Linn side by side on a mid-century sideboard, with a pair of matching speakers. After all, @crispyduck 's system pics are probably the only ones that have drawn anything like approval from my partner over the years!

And yet I’m basically a separates guy.

1 Like

Too kind sir

Just replaced standard stylus on a 2M Black - to a LVB 250 - and now thinking about a power supply for a Naim DAC!

10 Likes

Hi Simon DC,
I have the 2m black so wondering if it’s worth the change, thanks

I’ll let you know in a couple of days when it’s run in a little - but first impressions are very favourable - a little more detail and slightly sweeter in a nice way!