What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Has the 282 had a service done to it? Looks like a 2005 build date, if not a service would be recommended as it past due.

It has been serviced at Salisbury in 2019 so should be ok for a few years yet - 250 is only 5 years young so that should be good too! I do want to get the HiCap done at some point soon - but that’s all - ATMIT! Thanks for the tip tho!

3 Likes

Nice! :+1:t3:

Someone’s got some profile updates to make regarding ‘System’:blush:

Yes I’ll do it now!!! :wink:

All done - many apologies :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m really jealous mate.
I want to make the move, but other priorities hold me back.
Someday…
Hope you enjoy your beautiful system.

1 Like

I thought about it for a long time, because it was not cheap. Now I’ve bought it and I’m happy. Box sets also work perfectly. MFSL Now Playing - Vinyl Display

3 Likes

I’ll try - it’s took a long time to get to this - been all round the houses with different systems from different manufacturers - I’m actually quite new to the Naim camp - but by going on the used market I’ve been able to get the sound and system I’ve always wanted. I think it’s a real testament to Naim owners and how they look after their equipment that the second hand market seems so good. So thanks to all the previous owners of my current system. :+1:

4 Likes

I took advantage of the NAIM sale going on in the US and ordered a SuperCap DR for use with my NAC 282. It will be a week to ten days before it arrives at the dealer.

If you are not moving to the new Naim NSC 222, NPX 300 and NAP 250 (2023) system now is the time to visit with your dealer and check out pricing on existing gear.

10 Likes

Uh oh… I see a 252 in your future…

The NDX2/XPSDR is fantastic with the 282/SCDR.

2 Likes

Ah, the slippery slope towards the 252, which is very nice indeed. Life is sweet.

2 Likes

Great piece of gear

1 Like

Recently ordered a set of four Giant Titanium Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders from Herbie’s Audio Lab and installed them under my rack over the noon hour.

I added the same gliders under my speakers awhile back.

Also opened up the bottom shelf to make it available when my SuperCap DR arrives in a week or so to replace the HiCap DR for the NAC 282.

21 Likes

Having tried the DHS’ on the marble slabs for a few days with a very slight toe in I think this is the optimum set up vs the carpet spikes. The bass is so tight and musical. These Gaias are really remarkable.

31 Likes

Evaluating.

Oephi Transcendance DIN DIN.

2 Likes

How did they do on the 30RS Yaker?

I bought a set of the Herbie gliders to use under my heavy speakers on wool carpet initially to facilitate moving the speakers for optimal placement but then left them because I think they improved the sound overall. Very wobbly though. What’s your take on their effect on SQ?

This is what I wrote at the time in the "Isolation - this time it’s speakers (and Gaias) thread when I installed them on my ProAc D30RS speakers.

" What I did end up buying was 8 of Herbie’s Giant Titanium Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders The cost was $351.12 which included shipping.

A couple of reasons for choosing the Herbie products was ease of installation. I would keep the existing spikes on my speakers and replace the small metal cups with the gliders. I did not want to go through the process of installing the Gaias and then removing them if they did not meet expectations. You could say there was an age (70) factor in my decision process to try the Herbie’s product first. There was also the price consideration

The speakers are now easy to move and there is an overall improvement in the sound, improved clarity, soundstage and bass. The best part was my wife has hearing loss and uses hearing aides and she was smiling and stating how much better the system was sounding.

As some folks have stated on the forum, I was gobsmacked!.

Value for money spent was outstanding and highly recommend."

What is nice is that Herbie’s has a 60 day full refund policy when you purchase from them. So you can try and pay for the return shipping and get a full refund. Others on the forum have used them and that is why I decided to give them a try.

Ease of moving the speakers and stand is a wonderful side bonus besides the improvement in sound quality. Highly recommend,

6 Likes

I do not have any wobbly issues using the gliders. My rug is very thin and lays on a concrete floor. I posted my response to how the sound improved when I put them under my speakers above. I will say that having listened to a few album since placing them under my stand that once again I feel there is an another uplift in sound. An overall improvement in the soundstage, detail and bass.

I have also ordered four Tenderfoot Vibration Isolation feet to place under my NDX 2. I do want to see if I can squeeze out any additional improvement in sound using the Tenderfoot since I have been so pleased with the result of the gliders.

Life is sweet!

4 Likes

A move to a small cottage in Devon means I have had to rethink the system. Slumming it.

Will get around to RoomPerfect over the next few days……

24 Likes