What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

The manual states, ‘by connecting with a USB CD-ROM, the device can both play music from CD and rip music files from CD’

If you go onto ‘eversolo.com’ you can download the manual…

1 Like

They look very nice indeed. It’s a lot of speaker for the money, they cost less than my much smaller PMC twenty5.21i, and that’s before you add the stands. I imagine that’s because the dealer margin etc etc is eliminated.

Interesting, not too far from me…will have a looksie, need some speakers for the Nait 50…

Sounds nice @anon17748768
have fun :+1:

Yep hit the nail on the head hh
No dealer fees he’s not tied to anyone but himself he’s been going a fair few years as well so knows what he’s talking about very experienced .
All hand made by himself all crossover bits like coils hand wound and components all hand picked for sound not budget .
Typical Yorkshire man no bull sh#@ what works works why change things or charge more than needed a good honest bloke .

Bought a N272 to replace my 52/Supercar/ND5XS/nDAC. Owing to ongoing hearing issues I can’t justify the 52 anymore. :hear_no_evil:

The 272/XPS DR/CB250 is still keeping me listening to music at least for a while.:musical_score:

5 Likes

When my N50 arrives it’ll be powering Kralk BC 1’s in a small room second system.
I’ve always placed these on top of Kan II stands and they sounded lovely but wanting to move things around (basically to make more space for LP’s!) I decided to place them ‘into’ the Ikea Kallax. Wow what a difference, deeper bass better mids etc. Reading Alan’s blurb about the design, he wanted them to sound at home ‘on’ a bookcase and he did just that.

18 Likes

Tangerine Audio Evenstar.

7 Likes

Birthday treat …
Lovely new box arrived into our home this weekend

28 Likes

Happy Birthday ! Looks like you’ve got plenty of choice for excitement today, there’s the Ashes (ok maybe not) , The Grand Prix and a new toy.

Enjoy!

Thanks

Easy - New toy :wink:

Me and my mate David Sylvian, and a long list of other musical guests

Just playing Adele “chasing pavements”

2 Likes

I’m dicking about with these old Klipsch, which I could really consider as new as since I bought them they were only ever a safety for parties.

Mate had them on loan last year or so and brought them back today and I thought I’d give them ago with the relatively new Technics.

Well they only both sound bloody marvellous together, funny old life.

Isn’t it nice when you try different things (swop boxes around) and surprise yourself.

It’s all about the music :notes:

Couldn’t agree more.

NDX2 really happy with it and also proud of my complete Naim system.

29 Likes

Thanks for sharing and enjoy the NDX2. I see from the photo at the bottom left that you are using an Audioquest Niagara 3000. Have you had a good experience? Is it a useful upgrade? Do you have additional dedicated mains?

Good question. I am not sure about the NIAGARA 3000. I do have a dedicated mains.
Before I used the black noise power block.
The first time with the audioquest niagara 3000 there was more bass, but it sounded more dull. It sticked more on the speakers. So less hifi.
After that i tried changing between hc en lc inputs. That made a difference. But soon I will take the AQ out and try again with the black noise eight which is very nice. And if I like that sound beter it will go.
I heard a system were the niagara 3000 was also present. That was a very nice sounding system.
So again trying would be the best.

Thank you very much for the quick answer. It is exciting to hear that the Niagara 3000 does not automatically bring a clear improvement. There are different opinions on this here in the forum(e.g. click here). With dedicated mains, a solid, unfiltered power block (like the BlackNoise 8 in your case) also seems to give very good results. I switched to dedicated mains myself just a few days ago. The strong fluctuations in the sound due to the power supply have decreased as a result (but I can’t judge it conclusively in the few days I’ve been using it). Therefore, your experience is very valuable for me. I would be pleased if you would report back on your further experiences. Since the last dramatic price increase, Audioquest Niagara 3000 (or higher) is an investment that should be well considered anyway…

1 Like

A little while ago I changed my speakers from B&w805d3 to ATC SMC40 passive, and added a NAP250DR to my Supernait 3 with HiCapDR and NDX2.
Great improvement, very pleased.
Tried other floorstanders costing more but ATC 40’s wiped the floor to my ears, 250dr needed drive them better.

27 Likes

Exdemo ND5 XS 2 from Moorgate Acoustics
A price I couldn’t refuse.
Delivery Thursday, so watch the System Pics thread Thursday PM/Friday AM for an update😊

5 Likes