What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

The R6 are almost the same as Kudos 808 sensitivity wise. It’s possible to fix the volume pot or exchange it.

LIkewise, I am a complete novice. I haven’t gotten any further than installing the REW software on my MacBook Pro.

1 Like

I’ve just been running this deck for 3 days straight. The cartridge arrived but I’m leaving that boxed for after the move when I set up the deck properly with care and put it on the Naim system.

For now it’s on my Luxman tube amp which has a superb phono stage and a Sumiko Oyster cartridge. Which is a very cheapo cartridge I stash for stand-in service like this. Everything just set up by eye quick and dirty.

Even with that cartridge, the deck in infectious. So punchy and fun. My old funk discs have never sounded so toe tapping. It’s hard to compare to the TEAC TN-4D I boxed up. That deck had an external double regulated LPS and a decent cartridge on it. But in comparison the TEAC is far more mellow. The Technics is more attention grabbing. I Love it. I love both. I expect my Stageline will arrive soon but that will all have to wait till May-June for set up.

5 Likes

Great news FZ. Glad its working well.
I bet these would sound really good on your deck:

Just a small selection of my vinyl collecting days during late 80’s to mid 90’s. 12inch discs :man_dancing:

2 Likes

Ohh Adamski. That takes me back to my skool dayz.

My 90s toe tapoers were mainly Leftfield and early Chemical Bros. But about 10 uears ago I became about the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk. If you know what I mean. I stumbled on Parliament’s The Mothership Connection and life was never the same again.

1 Like

A couple of wooden and glass isolation pieces turned up today👍

3 Likes

Just arrived, first hour and quite surprised by the added realism and transparency. Music delivered also with more punch, which I guess is due to improved bass control… so far so good…

15 Likes

New speakers, new wire, new …?

NAP500 DR arrived yesterday. Wow……just wow.

Can’t wait for it to be run in.

7 Likes

I feel the way about my new subs. They have about 20 hrs, but take about 200 to run in and ready for final tuning.

Actually bought in 2022 (Gazza :grin:) but they were just delivered today thanks to a friend. 2 Muso QB one for the kitchen (eventually our master bedroom) and one for the gallery when it opens hopefully by the end of the year.

9 Likes

The QB’s are great. Love mine and could live with it as a main system if I had to

I jumped in early without a demo to get the most trade value on my 250Dr. Glad I did. It’s only been running in for a half hour and seems like a great upgrade so far.

20 Likes

Spikes left on. or taken off on Podiums ??

Oh alright………but i have my eye on you🤪

Enjoy

2 Likes

Ah… new podium thingies… :blush:

1 Like

Spikes on for the moment… I see you are using them too? Have you tried spikes on vs off?
After 18mths with these speakers I feel like I am re-learning what they do. Just listened to Viva la Vida and I always felt the recording mix was off, but now hearing the interplays between instruments much more clearly. It also sounds a little faster, maybe the notes are starting and stopping more clearly. Buckley’s Last Goodbye is a fave track, and here the intro bass is tighter, the snare has more punch and realism, the guitars are airier. Feels like a box kind of level change. Early days, but they are probably a keeper (I was almost hoping this would not be the case, as boy are they ugly…)

1 Like

A rather tidy CD3.5 - moving from a 36 year old player to a 23 year old one!

Now… where did I stash that Flatcap 2 ??

20 Likes

Love the look of this old olive stuff :blush:

Used Hiline, RCA to DIN, between my phono stage and XS3. Very nice indeed. My first Naim cable upgrade from stock.

After also upgrading to a Yannis Tome RCA from my Technics to the phono stage, my TT setup is now sounding very very nice indeed. It all sounds so good right now I’m very happy. And trying not to have too many SN3 shaped dark thoughts!

6 Likes