What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

I run them with spikes off, don’t know which is best…will try with spikes on later next week…

You are right, they are ugly…

I know you do that’s why I never tagged you thought it may just pass you by. :grin:

1 Like

:wink: NIRVANA KIT

Introduced - 1981

The Nirvana upgrade kit, introduced in 1981, was designed to

improve the suspension and motor mounting of the LP12.

1 Like

This…

9 Likes

Have a similar one for $20 on Amazon. Sure you can also get ones for $500 but the $20 ones are very accurate… at least much more accurate than doing tracking weight by eye and that’s already not that bad.

2 Likes

Been looking to replace the 552/500DR for a wee while (too many boxes & cables now)…

Some months’ back I ran my KDSM/2 (Katalyst) direct into the 500DR (not too good) and then into a loan Linn twin (better).

Recently got the Organik dac upgrade, so last week re-visited the experiment…with the 500DR it sounded very reasonable, borrowed the Twin again yesterday from the Dealer…it sounds pretty damn good (not better then 552/500DR of course, however maybe good enuf).

IMG_5091

Now trying different XLR cables, starting with Mark Grant, then Chord Epic, then Chord Signature…will be interesting…

Then, in a week or so the Dealer will bring up the new Naim 250 amp to compare…(to give a flavour of the 300 replacement).

Have a good Sunday

9 Likes

I’ll be very interested in your findings :+1:

2 Likes

OOI, I listened for a reasonable length of time to the (new) KDSM Organik (as you have) direct into the Twin, into 808’s…it was a very nice sound…

Have a good Sunday

3 Likes

I may have to try the gaia’s instead… my wife is very unhappy with the look :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate, mine are in a Wife Free Zone… :relieved:

CXC … on test.

7 Likes

I wonder how it compares to a 6000CDT :thinking:
Let us know how you get on @Neilb1906 please.
Simon

2 Likes

808s on Podiums, same size as Robbo´s → surely without Spikes (at least at my home!)

1 Like

without spikes in mine…thanks.

Exactly why I stayed with Gaia. Never tried the platforms - just a non-starter domestically.

3 Likes

Its a very well built unit. I decided to try the CXC rather than the 6000cdt because I’m not a fan of the slot mech. I prefer a drawer or a top loader.
I have it running through my ND5XS2.
It sounds very nice. Quick access to TOC etc and my XS3 remote works with it.
Sound? Compared with my 25 year old recapped Arcam…I prefer the Arcam!
Hifi is a strange past time.

2 Likes

Maybe you need to explain to her the real benefit of the Podiums - she’ll never run into the speakers with the vacuum cleaner!

1 Like

You can’t say that today. You may have a legion of women activists knocking at your door five minutes later.:joy:

1 Like

Robbo was saying that his wife was unhappy with the look, so when she uses the vacuum cleaner she will see the advantage afforded by the Podium. Equally, when @Robbo is using the vacuum cleaner, he too will realise the benefit. See, no problem.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: