What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

Is the RAL 7048 not a reference to the colour ? …mouse grey I think .
Steve

1 Like

Seems like you got a ‘special’ ash grey one!

1 Like

You are a man after my own heart. Treating myself to a beer after treating myself to new HiFi is exactly what I would do :+1:

3 Likes

Naim feets for my Naim remote. HUGE improvement!

45 Likes

You have way too much free time Blackbird You really need to get a job now :rofl:

8 Likes

Finally added a 250dr to the system, very nice upgrade from the 200dr, system seems to have an ease about it now, thinking my PMC’s are feeling the love.
Need to save for the next step which I think will be a psu for the ndac just haven’t fully decided which psu option to go for, would love a 555 but a little too pricey for me, so realistically it will be a xps or a xpsdr, no rush just enjoying the system as it is at the moment.

16 Likes

Some Mobile Fidelity LP outer sleeves. I thought I should try to look after my LPs a bit better.

7 Likes

My new NAC332 & NPX300 arrived from my dealer at the weekend , replacing NAC252 & Supercap DR.

Connecting to my existing NAP300 DR using Naim NC to OC cables.

I couldn’t stretch to a pair of NAP350 as well as the NAC332 & NPX300 in one go, however I found that choosing the NAC332 & NPX300 first rather than a pair of NAP350 gave me more of the NC sound which I found so appealing.

The NAP350 will eventually replace the NAP300 DR but that’s a way off. Still sounds mighty fine with the NAP300 DR though.

One small set up issue I experienced running brain & brawn fraim is that the Naim NC to OC cable is not long enough with the NAC332 on the left & NPX300 on the right. I’ve switched them around but not too sure if this is optimal though.

There has been much discussion regarding 252/Supercap DR/300 DR & 500 series vs 300 series.
My take on this is I never considered pre-owned 500 series as I prefer to buy new and could also embrace the new Naim approach and engineering. Regarding the 252/Supercap DR/300 DR, this set-up is superb and I had nearly 8 years enjoyment out of the 252/Supercap DR. However, things have moved on. The 300 series just gives me more of what I look for in enjoying listening to music and that’s what it all comes down to in the end.

Finally, I would greatly appreciate if fellow 300 series owners who run the NSS333 considered any other streamer or streamer/Dac combination?

3 Likes

All mine (> 500) with it :wink:

These arrived today for my 300DR. Just need to get them reterminated to Din connectors as the last person had them changed to RCA to work with a non Naim pre-amp. In perfect condition and a lot cheaper than buying new. Once done, my system will be Sarum T everywhere which I’m hoping will bring some synergy :+1:

3 Likes

I listened to an Auralic Altair G2.1 back to back with the 333/332 combo. Great one box solution with a suitable power amp or active speakers but for me wasn’t as cohesive as the Naim duo with a NC250 and ATCs.

2 Likes

Hi Sinewave, thanks for the reply.

That’s interesting. I’ve only had experience of the ND5 XS2 which is used with NDAC and Nait50 in the childrens games room and the Innuos Pulse with Chord TT2/Mscaler in the main system.

My thoughts are that maybe the NSS333 can replace the main system front end. I really like the idea of a high performance one box option where the whole (300 series) is greater than the sum of the individual parts……but I’m not sure if that will be the case.

I’m looking forward to the future demos.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::joy:

I predict that you will be disappointed!!!

2 Likes

You may well be right!

I see you are using the NSS333, may I ask how you arrived at choosing this over alternatives?

1 Like

I sold my Chord Dave/Étude to fund the 333/332/250 as it was a better system overall, and I needed to sell the Dave to fund it.
Having subsequently trialled Dave (without Mscaler) with the 332/250, it was a massive improvement on the 333.
TT2 is not Dave, of course, but it’s still a very capable DAC, an I would be very surprised if it wasn’t also considerably better than the 333.

4 Likes

Thanks for the response.

I get where you’re coming from with the better system overall. This is what I really hoped the 333 might bring as part of 300 series system synergy being greater than the sum of the individual parts.

In my rather limited experience of streaming I’ve found that separating the steamer and DAC gives greater performance and flexibility than a one box solution for a similar price.

3 Likes

Not very exciting but hopefully nice performance lift Hicap DR (previously olive Hicap)to partner my Snaxo 362

11 Likes

It was a pint of La Trappe Dubbel. Give it a go! :+1:

2 Likes

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy.
But be careful, even if a thread requires it, like cd rippers or Ethernet cables. Don’t eat all the popcorn on the floor.

4 Likes