What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

New mat for the P10. Made of paper and eliminates the issue of static causing the mat to cling to the record when changing sides on the fly. Feel it has also improved overall clarity/definition ever so slightly - but that may well be confirmation bias at work!

15 Likes

Short push - input selection (it has a usb input + CD)
Long push - Menu
Left + right for item selection, push to select.
It is a bit clunky, selction from the remote is easier. One niggle is dark grey on black markings on the remote - difficult for both myself and my wife to see. What on earth is wrong with white on black!

1 Like

I’m using a spare naim powerlite mains cable on mine. Needs a lot more than a DC blocker to improve my mains supply. Due to the house construction putting a dedicated mains supply in is waiting on a major kitchen refurbishment in a couple of years time as it will involve the removal of the dry lining to route new cables.

1 Like

2 Likes

Going to retry the HiLine after securing this at a bargain price! Let’s see how it stands up to the Sarum Super Aray.

G

11 Likes

Stretch to a Super Lumina. It was a huge uplift for me (have had Super Sarum, Sarum T and Hiline). SL is on Sarum T level but with more love than Sarum T which was bit to clinical for me.

But Hiline and Super Sarum are indeed great cables. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts :blush::+1:

2 Likes

Electric mouse traps?

1 Like

My dealer suggested not to - ‘Too clinical’ - was his advice…

G

2 Likes

:rofl:

I had a TT 8N early 2000 followed by 3x 8j model :smiley:

1 Like

As some will know… 606 has landed :heart_eyes:

22 Likes

Just bought a SuperNait 3 on a well known auction site. Hopefully it’ll be here by the end of the week replacing my XS2.

8 Likes

Well I said I wasn’t going to buy much this year but the plain CDT was so good I couldn’t resist buying its big brother, which was a good decision. I would not be surprised if the power supply arrived sometime in thr next twelve months either

9 Likes

Finally have my 222/250 combo

18 Likes

350’s are here → rebuilding + cleaning fraim → installing

30 Likes

Good to see. Enjoy the rebuild and getting the 350s up and running :+1:

1 Like

Ooh nice, enjoy! I see you have removed the outer cartons, or have they disintegrated already?:joy:

1 Like

Both outers were in perfect condition - the white boxes are more photogenic. :+1:

3 Likes

Looking forward to hearing your observations, I’m very envious. :grin:

1 Like

Received the package today, now the question is which two equipments this needs to go on for maximum performance…

10 Likes