What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

As you know I’m now running an ATC SIA2-100 pared with Cambridge cxn v2. I gave the internal akm dac a go in the Atc fed direct from nucleus and it’s richer, more involving and more musical than the cxn. I had the Cambridge on 30 day return so it’s gone… the Atc has a proper usb implementation and optical for my tv so nice and neat. So the recent bit of gear is a network bridge - SoTM 200 mini neo so the nucleus doesn’t have to be core and player.

1 Like

I hope it’s not a fake…
New for half the price :interrobang:

Just picked up my NPX-300.

11 Likes

Had changed most all my cables to Nordost Norse 2, especially the Tyr 2 looms …and of cos , power lines stays.

5 Likes

When you write power lines you mean Nordost power cords? It doesn’t look like Naim Powerline from your pictures.

It’s on my 350s below compartment

1 Like

Very nice system. I have never seen those speakers before (Adam A7V active nearfield studio monitors). Have you had a good experience with them?

They look the business - post some pics on the ATC thread?

New torque wrench 1-6 nm. Tightened all chassis screws on my s400 Ovators with the correct torque now. Makes a clear difference, to my ears.

4 Likes

I quite like them, they punch a bit above their weight so to speak.

They were purchased as for short term step to a pair of ATC 40a’s as I was due to move house but it fell through, I didn’t fancy lugging the 40a’s from one location to another.

There’s a review on YouTube, search for 13th note hifi.

1 Like

Basically, it’s a Naim system that I started in 24, Nait 50 + nd5 xs2 + some native cables (power lines and super lumina). Though I would not call myself a rookie in this hobby already, built and disassembled around 12 systems previously and also listened to some Naim gear at home, it really ‘clicked’ just now with a full setup and careful approach to the power supply and ethernet.

27 Likes

Very nice, welcome to the forum!

1 Like

I loved the looks of the older square cabinet models of SCM’s, I know the newer tweeters are “better”, but….Enjoy your 12’s, I wish I had never sold my little 7’s years ago. Fun speaker!

1 Like

@Phystech nice speakers ! Is that a ribbon tweeter ?

1 Like

it’s AMT like Martin Logans also do

1 Like

New toy!

Longer RCA to RCA cable in the post.

12 Likes

In the end Naim Power lines,seems to win for musicality ,other cables may give more details etc.

I bought a Lumin D2 this weekend. Fedex says it will be dropped off on Thursday. It will be replacing a Blue Sound Vault 2.

2 Likes

It’s not so much that I bought it in 2024, but my Dynavector XV-1s just came back from Japan with a complete rebuild, after a wait of a few months. They actually did a rebuild from a current unit so I could get all the updates since mine was new.

For the time being I have boxed my Lyra Atlas Lambda Mono and left the Atlas Lambda SL on the other arm. Once the XV-1s is broken in (~50 hrs) I’ll do some comparison listening for fun. After that I might box the Atlas Lambda SL for the warmer months (when I normally don’t listen to records as much) and use the Atlas Mono and XV-1s until later in fall when the weather drives me indoors again. Then the XV-1s will get boxed and I’ll spend the winter months with the two Atlas’.

What I really need is three tonearms. LOL

11 Likes

The older my eyes get the less I like aligning cartridges. What protractor do you use?