What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

I so wish that was the case :smile::grimacing:

2 Likes

hello carruthersesq

Any comment about your new speakers ?
still happy with them ?
Any Pros/Cons to share :wink:

Hi
If I’m honest, I’m still torn between the LS3/5a’s and the MarkAudio Sots’s. They both have strengths and weaknesses and I need to decide which suits me the best, or rather which weakness I can live with.

I see, always difficult to choose…like motorbikes…road…offroad…cruising…touring :innocent:
So i’ve decided having 3 bikes :grin:

On my side, I’ve just finalized my order for a pair of new Falcon Golden Badge (Walnut) to challenge my current Proac 10 Signature.

Very excited about this comparison

2 Likes

I like your thinking regarding bikes. :rofl:

Sounds like you have some fun times ahead when your LS3/5a’s arrive. Let us know your thoughts when you have them.

1 Like

sure, i will

1 Like

XPS DR to power my NDX 2 arrived today

10 Likes

Good move. Have fun with the f***ing burndy!

2 Likes

I certainly did , what a pain to get fitted and dressed !!

3 Likes

The cable may well end up de-stressed, you certainly won’t be getting it there…

Second Hicap for my 82.
All plugged in and sounding brill👍

5 Likes

Speaking of… Will have the opportunity to try a 555PS DR connected to my 272 instead of my XPS DR, you who had one what can I expect Blackbird?:thinking:

Less money in the bank :smile::+1: As I remember it the wow effect was from nothing to XPSDR. But the 555 is more refined, more relaxed and much better. Let it sit for a week until you change back and you will hear its greatness.

3 Likes

Less money in the bank - Does that mean you don’t think it’s worth it?:thinking: I want to remember that you thought it was a real lift in terms of sound.

I’m assuming you will keep it and that it cost you more than XPS :blush:

Not mine to keep-Borrowing it from a friend. But that’s not what I meant, understood you were joking :slight_smile: More on whether you think it was worth looking for one, purely in terms of sound?:thinking:

Yes! :blush::+1:

2 Likes

Bought some new speaker cables. Full SL loom now complete!

11 Likes

Upgrade from? Please share your thoughts on the difference :blush:

Upgrade from Tellurium Q Black. I’ll let you know how I get on with them (haven’t plugged them in yet).

1 Like