What was the last bit of gear you bought?

I liked them so much that a pair of evoke 10’s has come up for sale so had them… best get rid of the emits or I’m in trouble!

1 Like

Just traded in my silver Trichord Dino/Dino+ for a black Mk2/Dino+.
Not sure that the Dino Mk2 will offer huge improvement over the mk1 but I prefer the black and it was a straight swap. I’ll post some pictures later.

2 Likes

Well I’m hoping this will count as “hi-fi”!
Took a random punt and not disappointed, considering it’s nearly 40 years old it looks like it’s never been used - not even any scratches on the rear DIN sockets (has to be DIN, naturally)
It’s also heavy… Even the wall wart PSU feels solid.
Warming up after a day in a UPS van so impatiently waiting to hear how it sounds.

6 Likes

The jigsaw is being completed piece by piece.

7 Likes

Cirrus7 nimbini media edition, fanless NUC10i5, 16GB RAM, 250 GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus for Roon ROCK, 4 TB Samsung 860 EVO for data.

I know, overspecced for Roon, but this way it is more than future proof and it was hard not to click on stuff during configuration because it was always just 50 Euros here or there (well except for the 4 TB SSD :smiley: ). Also, came out at the same price as the basic Nucleus and after all the spending this year who cares anymore :smiley:

9 Likes

And it doubles up as a toaster :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Potential for some useful mods as well…

8 Likes

Makes your eyes water!

1 Like

Isoacoustics Delos- nice lift in mid range and bass tighter. Excellent second hand purchase.

5 Likes

Ha! Well it’s a server and will be out of sight. My bigger problem will be a solution to hide the PowerIgel Plus …

Looks good btw, eggs aside. It’s a passive cooling fanless design I assume?

Exactly. Size is 157 x 157 x 120 mm. Going to set up Roon tonight, very excited :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would it take two harddrives for redundancy?

Jus got a battery to power the clean side of my new Allo digione signature.

2 Likes

To power a what?

The clean side of my digione signature transport board

6 Likes

I don’t even know what it is but I still want one

5 Likes

No, and Roon Rock as far as I know cannot back up to a second internal disk anyway, but it can back up to a NAS over local network or to a Dropbox storage.

Edit: Of course if you want to use it for something else than a Roon Core, there are already two hard disk slots, one is an M.2 NVMe and one is a 2.5" SATA 3 slot. It’s just ROCK uses the first disk for its operating system and database, and the second for the music files

OK, one hour into Roon and I love it already. The cirrus7 was a plug-and-play setup with everything installed and up to date. All great :+1:

4 Likes