What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Covid Time does seem to run faster than the old normal.

1 Like

Interesting… could you detail the setup method? Does it require a ms surface to work with or can it be used standalone?

Thanks

Deeg

2 Likes

According to Microsoft, “To use Surface Dial, your PC needs to be running Windows 10 Anniversary Update or later, and have Bluetooth 4.0 LE.”
Apparently it connects to the PC, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/meet-surface-dial-1e58a0e6-4d4a-6303-afcd-ef0234047628

Pity. Something like this that connects via Bluetooth directly to the NDX2 (like the Naim Zigbee remote) would be very handy, in particular if one could pair more than one with the NDX2

Indeed… just seen theres a roon extension called roodial which runs on a raspberry pi that works with it… would need to use dsp volume control on roon. Might be doable without windows pc.

1 Like

Devialet does provide a similar remote with their amplifiers, pretty neat i think:

3 Likes

@Suedkiez @litemotiv @Deeg

Well,
A: I use roon with to extensions:
1) deep harmony
2) rooDial

B: I use three Raspberry Pi‘s (one with deep harmony, one with rooDial and one as upnp bridge).
An then I am using one harmony hub.

C: It works like this: the dial is sending the command via bluetooth to the first RPi (with rooDial). From there it is send to the roon-Server, then to the second RPi (with deep harmony), from there to the harmony hub and then via IR to my naim Supernait.

The sound is „traveling“ from my roon-server via the upnp bridge (3.RPi) to my „old“ NDX.

2 Likes

I’ve just bought a used Hegel H190 which is on it’s way. It’s a brand I’ve always wanted to try as when I first heard my Dynaudios it was through a Hegel amp.

20 Likes

Very nice such a clean look

1 Like

Thanks for the info… re deep harmony… does your pi have an ir port on it or are you using a harmony product as the ir blaster?

Deeg

I like the Hegel kit. A no-nonsense brand. I’ll be interested in how you get on.

2 Likes

Let us know how it sounds. I’d be interested to try one of their power amps one day, but not sure how well that would mate with my star.

1 Like

I use the harmony hub to connect via IR

1 Like

The H190 pushes out 150 Watts into 8ohm over 250 into 4ohm and has some very interesting design features. It has Hegel’s own design of Dac on board and is also a network streamer.

1 Like

Heard the H390 on Harbeth 40.1 and Harbeth SHL5 Plus. Awesome amp. It made my SN2 sound like an alarm clock. Great control. Great dynamics. Great amp. Maybe a bit boring in being very neutral and not having the brand voodoo as other brands :wink:

1 Like

Three purchases in the last 6 months:

1. NDX2. This replaced my Naim DAC (while keeping my XPS) and relegated my HDX to a server. Superb sound and the new higher res internet radio stations are a step forward too.
  2. Longdog MCJ3 hybrid valve phono stage. Replaced the Mk1 Dynavector P75 and has certainly started to show up the shortcomings of my LP12.
  3. Qobuz annual subscription. The Hi res streams leave the CDs ripped to the HDX in the shade and I can see myself selling the HDX in 2021 to fund the next upgrade project.

I can see the next project being a new cartridge - possibly a Linn Krystal.

1 Like

Devialet ? Vade retro. :scream:

Fair bit off power then 150 Watts I’d like to see what you think when it’s settled in

1 Like

Very interesting, a longdog MCRU phono stage. Didn’t knew that. I have an MCRU ps and appreciate the quality.
How does it sound ?

I don’t like too but find the look very nice, as the remote. Don’t you , dear Luxembourg friend ?

PLEASE paragraphs ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes