What was the last bit of gear you bought?

I second that thought @Matthewjb

3 Likes

The Node 2i has no USB out, the newer Node will have soon.

Jaw on floor… biggest Naim box upgrade so far…

12 Likes

How does this Yamaha SACD/CD compare with your Naim CD player?

It’s supposed to be very good.

1 Like

My Audience aR6 PDC sits on a tiny homemade shelf behind my main rack - a glass shelf on three “ball-nutters” on a fiberboard shelf, all supported by a trio of ball-nuttered metal brackets.

1 Like

well its not strictly hi fi - but it is a nice upgrade to the listening experience so…

38 Likes

Nothing fancy. Just some Furutech power cables.

3 Likes

A new Dac from RME.

11 Likes

A free upgrade would be to separate your preamp from the power supply or power amp beneath.

it didn’t make any difference, i’ve tried all sorts of layouts… the only configuration that made any kind of difference to the sound was moving the napsc as far away from the turntable as it would go…

2 Likes

Audio Analogue AAphono (black) incoming.

6 Likes

It’s certainly good, and it looks good.
Out of curiosity, why not having choosed a Superline second hand for similar price?

But the Superline also need a Hicap on it so. Have heard great things about Audio Analogue AA series in general so thought it would be a good time to try it out when it came in my way :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have a hybrid of both: ND5XS2 - Naim DAC/555DR - 252/SC - 135s - SL2s.

It sounds amazing, and excitingly real, beyond what I ever hoped for.

5 Likes

Spendor 3/1’s arrive

21 Likes

Very nice device. I listened to the Gold Note ph10. Great Quality, top Design, great sound. For me, however, it became the gold note

Cool! Once had a Gold Note amp at home for trial but I never connected with it due to a couple of reasons so I left the interest for that brand. Glad you enjoy it :+1:

Directly from the factory :

• Soulution 760 DAC
  • Soulution 711 Amplifier

Cables are Swiss as well :

• Vovox Textura Fortis 1,5m speaker cables
  • Vovox Textura Fortis 1 m balanced interconnects

You thought the NACA5 was stiff; try the Vovox speaker cables!

29 Likes

I think the wood finish on the Naim Muso is better…YMMV.

22 Likes