What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Hi, it’s from solid-sounds in Leeds. Paul does them all to order. Good website if you do a search. Can’t link here.

Thanks, I will take a look.

Hi @Kacper , yes that dealer. If it is mine, I can assure you it is top quality. Quite new and performing at its best
Enjoy !!
Iver

1 Like

@IvdZ Nice! It seems we are buying at the same place :smiley:.
Last week I picked up 282/250DR over there.

1 Like

@Kacper wow; brilliant system. Love the dealer; so much better then the previous ine from Tilburg

1 Like

@IvdZ indeed, nice people, I feel comfortable over there too👌. I just have replaced SN2 and I must say - 282/250 it’s a stunning set .

2 Likes

@Kacper you have a stunning - and very well balanced - setup. You’re gonna enjoy for years and years. Audiovectors were always developed using Naim gear, so probably will match very well
Iver

1 Like

@IvdZ thanks! what I do like and prefer with Audiovector’s , also with Naim gear - it’s sounds good with all kind of music (jazz, rock etc ….)

1 Like

Yes, the optic Le one works, I don’t have a coax with 3.5 connection so can’t try that. Looks like I’ll move it one hopefully without any loss.

@TheKevster uses the Bluesound node into Chord Qtest. He can help.

1 Like

Thanks FF. I’ve not used a Bluesound but if I remember I’m not sure that has a USB out?

1 Like

I had an Aries Mini for years and absolutely loved it. For easy of use for other family members I now have the new Bluesound Node feeding my Qutest. Lovely piece of kit.

And there is a USB out. And there is a 30 day trial period if you buy direct so you could go head to head with the Mini (I’ve never tried the internal DAC).

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up.

I also have a Qutest which is fed by the Aries Mini. Think I’ll stay as I am and move the Hugo on. I don’t think I would have used the Hugo’s mobility as much as I thought when I had a rush of blood and bought it. :grin:

Yes, it certainly happens! But little is lost in the 2ndhand market luckily.

1 Like

Is not the USB out capability due in a future firmware update for the Bluesound Node?
I’m not sure they have output capability with current firmware.

Just tried the USB on the Node - input only for attaching external HDD. Bluesound website mentions the USB in the Audio Out section……

Yes, subject to a later FW update.

Today I have come to the conclusion that I have hit the upgrade end point with the 252/SCDR/300 it’s brilliant, the Dave shines via this amp combo.

The SL2s have just disappeared within the music, mind blowing.

4 Likes

I hit a high point too yesterday when various recent changes (serviced crossovers and ND5XS2, Morgana DIN-XLRs, NAP135s) settled in and the whole system just clicked.

4 Likes

@carruthersesq @frenchrooster I indeed have a Bluesound Node 2i which is connected to a Qutest via optical (as recommended by my dealer, and also Chord). My Oppo UDP-205 is connected to the Qutest via BNC coaxial. In both case, connecting up the Chord bought a huge improvement over the “bare” unit.

The Node has no USB out, only in. I did have a home dem of a Hugo but I couldn’t get on with it and didn’t need the portability or headphone amp so opted for the cheaper Qutest.

6 Likes