What was the last bit of gear you bought?

SuperCap2 to power my SNAXO 2-4.

I thought moving to CB kit would stop me fiddling with my system… but a year and a bit later and a few boxes have managed to creep in.

• NAC52+Supercap in (NAC62+HiCap) out.
  • XPS2 in (for NDAC)
  • SNAXO 2-4 in (NAXO2 out)
  • SuperCap 2 in HiCap (for SNAXO) out.

Must admit I regret selling my SNAXO242 now…

Having said that the system sounds a lot better than the previous one did
(282, 2xHiCapDR, SuperCap2, SNAXO242, 2xNAP200)

1 Like

A mid-price Connectix Cable System Ethernet cable to connect the Cisco switch to the 272.

2 Likes

Steady now Xanthe, don’t get too carried away!

Best regards, BF

Talking of getting carried away, an MCRU no. 79 mains distribution block + fat hawser of an extension lead to supply juice to the Chord DAVE & M Scaler.
It looks as though it will do the job.

Best regards, BF

Oh yes, I had to think very carefully about spending £4.59.
As an absolute indulgence, I spent another £3.70 on a shorter version of the same type of cable to go from the NAS to the switch.

:rofl:

1 Like

Also put a Titan Distribution Styx Block on the system about three weeks ago, it really allows detail to become much clearer

2 Likes

I once bought a pair of Ruark Sabres on the principle that form follows function. One of my biggest ever hifi mistakes was letting them go.

1 Like

Having spent £300 on a bit of plastic (I am not proud BTW, but what a bit of plastic it is) it is wonderful to hear of a mega bargain.

Keep 'em coming Xanthe.

Bl**dy hell.! How is it possible

mf1_plus_e
• The above quote is from @NigelB.

:small_blue_diamond:When I visited my Cableoholic-friend for the first time (I had another friend with me,.Mats),.I wondered if he was really wise.

Among other things,.he took out these contacts on the picture and showed us.
It is Oyaide’s best contacts M1/F1,.and they cost £670:-, €766:- in Sweden.
After the visit,.in the car on the way home,said both I and my other friend Mats.

What a maniac,.is he really wise,£670:-,€766:- for just a couple of contacts without cable.
Now,.8-9 months later,I am the proud owner of a couple of these contacts Oyaide M1/F1.
This,.after testing them against other contacts,and this is the first time in my life…that I test this kind of contacts.
And,.I will buy more…you can trust on that :wink:.
I say like NigelB…

:small_orange_diamond:"Bl * * dy hell.! How is it possible".

More on this in another thread.
Even my other friend Mats,.has been investing in a couple of these contacts.

All of this,.just because of my crazy Cableoholic-friend :grin:.

/Peder🙂

@Ian2001 I was really impressed with the Titan cables and not ££££ either compared to music uplift

1 Like

Same here, one of my favourite films is The Godfather, saw it the other night and I picked up background conversations I had never heard before. A discernible improvement for not a lot of wonga.

And made in the UK as well.

3 Likes

Can anyone tell me what and if there is auditable difference between the Fraim and the Fraim Lites. I get so confused with cables, leads, racks etc etc. Years ago I use to just listen to music :scream:

3 Likes

wish we had a time machine :grinning:

1 Like

@Pete_the_painter Fraim is as designed, no compromise. Fraim Lite is a cheaper version that excludes the glass shelves, has a single layer base and has more mass in the wooden part. There seems to be a consensus that fraim lite will give about 75% of the results of full fat. I bought full fat to avoid the inevitable upgrade in the future. Fraim Lite is supposed to offer great results without the price tag (well in England that is!)

1 Like

@Pete_the_painter agree with @Steve full fat fraim has a superb isolation effect on black boxes, think of it like adding a black box its that good - not entry level by any means but IMO well worth the outlay

2 Likes

A Fraim with 4 shelves here is $5.4ks the Lite is $2.8ks. If I purchased the SL speaker cables it’s another $3.6ks.

But what does it improve, SQ wise.

Where did you end on the speakers @Pete_the_painter?

1 Like

Still undecided, I’ve just removed the old Royds for the weekend and will do some serious listening (in between babysitting grandkids on Saturday night).

I’m still thinking I may purchase a Fraim and SL speaker cables and keep the Royds.

It did, or has, surprised me there wasn’t a huge difference and just goes to show that the old Royds were a good set of speakers. I do also have to consider that the Neats have only had a few weeks, my dealer has told me that will get better with time.

2 Likes

@Pete_the_painter the biggest difference for me had nothing to do with sound, it was the aesthetic! I really love the look of my system on the Cherry/Black Fraim. I bought my Fraim to coincide with a house move so its hard to judge fairly as I needed to find the right spot for the speakers again etc! The prices you quote are a similar gap to UK prices. I would recommend buying Medium levels though as that makes a difference for sure. You might not need the core on a Fraim level, you could go for Lite for that one depending on the colour you want…

1 Like