What was the last bit of gear you bought?

My main system is in my studio so aesthetics aren’t that important also there’s every chance I’d get paint on them. :grin:

Picked up a late (2001) pair of SBL’s in Walnut, inc. replacement grilles and a new gasket kit. Spent a bit of time faffing to get them in the right position, but almost certain they are good now. A major upgrade over my trusty old Credo’s which I loved so much.

I am now the proud owner of a true mullet system. This year I have opportunistically bought on separate occasions 82/250/supercap. All been serviced and just about settled down now. However, front end is still a cd3.5/hicap. Opportunistically on the look out for a late model CDS2/XPS to complete the upgrade from my old/2nd system of 102/180/hicap.

4 Likes

@Pete_the_painter i did not do a like for like Lite vs Fraim

all I can say on my then system 282/HCDR/300DR there was a noticable increase on music detail and focus Fraim is hard to demo at home so I went to dealer, before Fraim I had Quadapire Q4 which was very good the Fraim is on another level once installed by dealer

there is a lot of debate on equipment supports, demo is only true

all I will say again is it’s like adding another black box of isolation into your system

1 Like

I highly recommend the cds2 - head and shoulders above the cdx2 (to my ears anyway).

1 Like

Just need to find one in working order and I’ll buy it. Last one I saw was broken. :frowning: Good to know it’s the right one to get though. :+1:

So you think the Collaro mat is a good upgrade Jim?

1 Like

French tv serial , the « Collaro show »

1 Like

Thanks Jim. When I get my LP12 back I think I will have to investigate – it sounds like a really cost-effective upgrade.

PS - I would be interested to know what a particular album by an associate of mine (:wink:) sounds like on your new rig.

2 Likes

Kudos Titan 808 speakers … wonderful!

4 Likes

Funk Firm Achromat Platter Mat and Klotz MC5000 Interconnects with MS Audio RCA plugs .

Why the Klotz MC5000?

I found it gives a good bass tonality at the expense of a sort of ‘thickened’ quality in the mid-range and somewhat recessed treble. I much prefer Mogami 2497 for mono interconnects.

I do rate the MS Audio RCA plugs though.

Another NBL owner making the swap! Hope they found a good home.

1 Like

You fell under their spell Michael, congratulations👍

1 Like

I find that silver plated MS Audio plugs and that little bit sparkle and the Nad’s midrange isn’t as prominent as a lot of Naim amps. I’ll try the Mogami in a month or so though.

I’ve bought five Blue Jeans ethernet cables for £110. Better than one AQ Vodka for £339? I think so.

1 Like

why 110? what is the length ? i will try 3 foot one for 16 dollars.

Blimey!

After a few weeks auditioning I’ve made the decision to keep Neat SX7i, now all I have to do is inform Mrs Pete. If there are no more posts you can assume it didn’t go down well. :scream:

21 Likes

Infact you may start by telling Mrs Pete you have post-poned… the idea of buying the the Fraim and the SL cables… :grinning:

4 Likes

That’s a thought I might try to convince her I’ve saved money :grin:

3 Likes