What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Yes I have installed two Ecosse Big Orange (I can think of better colours than orange) with two Chord Shawline on order .

The Ecosse Big Orange made a helluva difference to both sound and vision from my Sky box.

Power chords and good cables make a great deal of difference to the sound

1 Like

Yes they surely do. This is my second Acrolink Mexcel power cord after a very positive result with the first one. I’m already done with cables as the power cord is my last upgrade with the system. The Ecosse looks good too.

I started to cut back the box count , from five boxes for amplification to two, a tuner and Cd player to just CD player -

One factor in helping me was (another was CV!9 as I spent my holiday money on my hifi ) a the use of power cables and power blocks. The tuner has been replaced by the Sky Box , coupled with a UnitIQute (to act as DAC) .

The UnitQute is now powered with a Shawline, the Sky box with the Big Orange - I can listen now for hours , something I couldn’t before . A couple of hours from the Sky box alone, with cables and DAC was enough, now it sounds very good .

2 Likes

interesting thanks.

I’m not sure yet I may just end up using an iPower for the clean side, have one here and see if I notice any difference, if I don’t I may just end up using that.

I all so had a iPower unit on the clean side and i did not note that much difference but that was only over the first 2 days,but always test things for yourself.
Now both sides of my digione signature is powered by battery’s and i will leave it at that now.

Division bell sounding as good as it’s ever done👍

9 Likes

:grinning:

15 Likes

Welcome Miss ! :grin:

What do you mean; “Miss”?!?
Monty Python: The Parrot Sketch & The Lumberjack Song movie versions HQ - YouTube

:laughing:

Nelly is not a woman first name ?
Sorry if I am wrong. Thought you are a new woman member.:woman_teacher:

Nope - just a friendly contraction of ‘Neill’ (the last place I worked there were 3 of us, and this nickname just stuck…)

:+1:

My apologies then Neil :yawning_face:

1 Like

No worries - you’re not the first to make such an assumption & you certainly won’t be the last…

:laughing:

1 Like

Using the xpsdr on the ndx2?
If so, bye,bye Cds3
Or using the ndx2 solo?

Just collected this. The dealer has his demo one back and I get a brand new one. Now to run it in.

7 Likes

Season of the Witch ! :grin:

1 Like

Nice! I’ve used the M with Cinemag SKY 10 SUT, the same C you have there and now own the Accession C with Enigma PSU. Slee phono stages are really special. Enjoy!

2 Likes

It’s very good, by the looks of it, you bought the power supply as well.

I think there’s a whole thread as to the percentage of turntable budget that should be spent on a dedicated phono stage .

What persuaded me was the fact that it didn’t offer a MM/MC option .

Another Atom this one’s for the dining room to replace unitiqute.

13 Likes

I would not buy an MM cartridge, so a dedicated MC phono unit suits me perfecly. Ortofon Quintet Blue at the moment. Next step would be an Audio Technica somewhere up the food chain.

2 Likes