What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Interesting. I never heard the m30 but I have often read that they were very laid back. The 30.2 and XD are exciting speakers for sure. Just not fatiguing.

1 Like

And the thick one is? Audioquest?

1 Like

Yes, Audioquest Y3 for the cd transport…

And where might we find the pleasure of reading your reviews?

Taking a flyer on a Node 2i to streamline my streaming set up. 30 day money back guarantee so why not.

Have been using Kazoo and Bubble to stream Qobuz. The kazoo app is very hit and miss and I have to clear the play list when I am not using it or it randomly starts playing when changing inputs on the 272.

I tried Bubble on the Qnap but it doesn’t transcode to wav so I have to use my laptop for Bubble which is another pain. Plus, it seems like I’m installing firmware updates all the time on the QNAP.

The potential pluses with the Node 2i are Qobuz is native, can stream Radio Paradise in higher res, finds all my flac files on my WD Passport and can do it all through one digital input on the 272.

Using a BJC Belkin Coax to BNC Digital cable to connect it to the 272 and will let it run for a few days before any serious listening. Fingers crossed.

Screen-Shot-2020-01-14-at-7.21.03-PM-678x381

4 Likes

Great streamer for the money. I moved mine on for an ND5XS2… but a lovely sounding device,particularly if you are using as a head only.

1 Like

Naim mu-so Limited Edition Champagne (1st gen) for bedroom, Roon, Intel Nuc i5

8 Likes

In Jazzwise magazine, but not until next year @thebadyogi.

2 Likes

I thought you were an AudioQuest Vodka fan? Regardless congrats! Love the EE8Switch

1 Like

Titan Audio mains block and 2 x power leads.

4 Likes

MeiCord does it for me & has done so for quite a while.
Not a full loom though, BJC-6 (UTP) wireless hub to switch

1 Like

Two Chord Shawlines and an Ecosse Big Orange , over the last two years I have been shifting my system sideways .

The PMC FB1 which were too big to move were replaced by Harbeth P3ESR , from a very full blooded sound to a more refined and delicate . My tastes are classical and acoustic.

My next step was an intended replacement of my five box 200/202 system with a SN3, the Harbeths much preferred the additional power of the Rega Aethos, if I had known my speakers would lead me away from Naim it would have been ProAcs instead.

Somewhere a Rega 3 went to a Michell Technodec than to a Clearaudio Emotion. In hindsight, I should have kept the Technodec and upgraded the arm to a Technoarm and Nagoka /Ortofon Black or Bronze

The Rega Fono that I bought with the Aethos really wasn’t good enough for the Clearaudio and in fairly short it ended up being replaced with a Graham Slee (very good)

The AV side was taken apart with a new HiFi Racks stand. The humble Onkyo blu ray player was replaced by a Pioneer Universal Player , I use a Unitiqute as the DAC .

Last but not least was the cables a Titan block , plus two Big Orange cables two Chord Shawline

Overall very pleased with it, my only sadness is the lack of SN3 or XS3

6 Likes

Today I installed a new din IC made ina DIY style by a guy I got to know on a Facebook group for audio cables fans :wink:

It’s based on Furutech fs alpha s21. And is much much better than lavender. Can’t believe what I’m hearing. I’m really in love with my nait and nd now :slight_smile:

7 Likes

There is a rule, if any, to tight the mains cables as for the speaker cables ?

Sorry but I’m not sure what you mean? Could you explain further please?

Yes, I am sorry Toon : having seen your picture I was wondering if there is any recommendation in order to fix, tight and put in order the power cables.

Thanks
David

My wife uses hearing aids and found that results from the Rga CD player were a bit uncomfortable for her so, even though we had only had it for one week, Signals bought it back at a nice price. We have been using a Rega Planar to play vinyl and I have been extremely impressed with the results. The recent Lang Lang release of Rachmaninov’s 2nd piano concerto was fabulous. What did she say this week? Can I get a CD player as the cost of new vinyl is too expensive for my monthly budget?

We now have a very nice Marantz CD6007. Not sure it will match 1st class vinyl but it is very good. Now, all we have to do is build up our CD collection again :frowning:

4 Likes

With a streaming service like Qobuz or Tidal you might not have to “Build up our CD collection again.” …or perhaps with just your favorites of albums not found on the streaming service.

Unfortunately, my wife has a "thing " about streaming so CDs it is! I have tried and we have recently been trialing Tidal but I can’t get her to go with it.
I am happy buying 2nd hand vinyl from Discogs as most of it cleans up well and plays even better through the Atom so I doubt that I will be joining in the CD process.

1 Like

You might have try charm and alcohol, I was dead against it as well and guess what I haven’t bought music for almost 2 months.