What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Go on, share a pic of the new acquisition :smiley:

oh, ok then, all at rest at the moment.

9 Likes

Just taken advantage of the deal on offer at a certain outlet this weekend on Isoacoustics Gaia II carpet spikes. Very happy with the Gaias since I bought them - hopefully the spikes will give yet more improvement.

2 Likes

Nice one Dave :+1:, I have the Gaia ll’s under my Spendor’s and they work a treat . Had to purchase the spikes too as I have carpet in the lounge. I now live in a world of perpetual inky blackness and I seem to have lost all my veils, must be an age thing :smile:

4 Likes

Hi, Alan,

I’d read mainly good reports on here about how effective these could be, and since AudioT are doing a special on them I thought I’d take a punt.

What really swung it for me, though, was that when I rang that very nice chap, Bob Surgeoner at Neat, just to confirm thread sizes and pitch, he told me that he had a set in the demo room, and was mightily impressed.

Say no more!

4 Likes

My spikes are due for delivery tomorrow - should be good !

carpet spikes arrived this morning: :+1:

14 Likes

Got myself an Isol8 power line axis…made absolutely no difference to hum so that was a waste of effort. Also added TeddyPardo power supply to my Roon Nucleus. Not sure I hear any difference but it looks nice :blush:

Return it?

Well trialing at this stage; Tellurium Ultra Black II and Chord Signature…plus have Witch Hat on order…

From the get go (cables already run in) Ultra blacks have more control of the bass, deeper levels of instrumentation …just need to test them with a few different music types then onto Chord…

Update: I listened to Vampire Weekend ‘Father of the bride’ last week for the first time in 18 months and was disappointed vs what I remember when it first came out May 2019. The differences between first listen was smaller room, PMC speakers vs now, bigger room with PS555 (on 272) and B&W speakers …I would have hoped for an improvement but no, so I thought I’d listen again now using Ultra Black …WOW! What I remember and more, excellent separation of each instrument, real good top end (not too bright)as well as controlled bass…

9 Likes
  1. DIN4-XLR Morgana for SuperCapDR to 250DR - improvements as per other owners’ threads
  2. Network Acoustics’ Viablue EP7-S Telegartner 2 Metre Audiophile Ethernet Network Cable - for Melco to NDX2 connection - this brings an improvement to the NDX2 direct stream and to it’s multirrom networking (via the Melco and two switches) to my Uniti Atom - which is elsewhere on the ethernet network.

First impressions on the Gaia carpet spikes are for significant further tightening up of sound, reduced smear and better imaging. Very nice !

Noticeably reduced bass resonances too. Plus lovely shimmering top end from the Esotar 2 tweeters. Worth every penny !

2 Likes

A few accessories as I await the arrival of a Bluesound Node 2i:

BNC-RCA adaptors:

And a Chord Shawline RCA-RCA:

10 Likes

And this is how the old 72 is now wired up:

13 Likes

Hi Scott, Try an MCRU Dc blocker if you can, I had transformer hum and it cleared it

1 Like

Or ATL Audio

1 Like

Hi Dave,
In the very same sale I purchased some Orea’s for under my Supernait. Again a nice noticeable uplift in soundstage and air.
Had the Gaia’s for some weeks now and thought they were a superb addition.

Have yours arrived yet?

Hi,

The Gaias are due here by the end of the week, so I’m planning a fun day in, tipping the MF9s on their sides to fit them … these are not small speakers, nearly as tall as myself.

I’m pleased to hear that you’re happy with your Gaias, and, as I mentioned, Bob at Neat is similarly impressed.

Then stripping everything down for a re-build and trying out the Silent Angel Bonn 8 switch.

After all that, a wee Arran or two as a reward to self.

Sometimes, the fun just never stops.

5 Likes

Sounds like a fun week, good job you’re retired now!

1 Like

I went for it…

Claude

68 Likes