What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Small Naim world that’s for sure.

Well enjoy it and do report back! I still think I can track one down if I look hard enough. In the meantime my S.O. keeps mentioning Mexico again so all Naim funds may dry up for awhile.

Hi Dave,

Be interested in how you get on with the Gaia’s once you are able to get them up and running.
I used to use them on my Proac Response 2.5 and they were very good as they tightened up the bass a lot.
I used them on carpet with the carpet spikes.
However since I got my MF7 I haven’t had any bass bloom issues. In fact I haven’t actually installed the standard spikes yet as I have been tweaking positioning every now and then.
They sound great sans spikes but I will install the spikes at some point.

Thanks Prem.

This time tommorrow I hope to be listening to my new purchase.
I decided one of the best silverlinings of shielding and not going out much is that you can afford bargains.

ISO acoustics gaia III for my pmc 25.26. Already shipped back. I too found the bass bloaty, and the imaging to collapse and move further back from the sound stage. Ordered spikes for the carpet, tried with and without. Disappointed really, given all the great reviews.

Scott

Aaaaargh!

The replacement studs arrived a few minutes ago, and whilst the thread size / pitch is now correct for my speakers, what’s arrived are studs for Gaias 2 or 3, which, of course, are as much use as a chocolate fireguard for my Gaia 1s, which have a much larger thread size.

I’m off for a walk in the North Yorks. sunshine, it’s only hi-fi, after all. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

See above, @Premmyboy, worth checking the thread size, and more importantly, pitch, if you’re thinking about fitting them to your MF7s.

I’m only guessing that the plinth is the same for both MF7s and MF9s, in which case it’ll be M12 / 1.75 pitch that you need.

Hi Dave,

Yeah point noted. I have Gaia 3s which wouldn’t be any good for MF7s. I would need to purchase the larger ones.
That’s why I’m interested how you get on with them on your MF9s.
Thanks Prem.

1 Like

I’ll get back to you once I get them fitted, and the correct spikes are on their way to me at the third time of asking … the fun just never stops, does it?

Incidentally, according to IsoAcoustics, it’s best to order Gaias closest to the speaker weight, so at 50 Kg for the MF7s, you should be fine with Gaia 2s, and save yourself a few bob in the process.

Double check, but it looks that way to me.

1 Like

Mu-so 2nd gen.

4 Likes

Its been all change here since early Feb, started the year with a simple system consisting of Uniti Star, Neat Xplorers and Cord Epic SuperTwin.

Out of lockdown boredom purchased a pre-used Rega RP3/Elys2, Rega TTPSU and Rega Fono MM. Got the vinyl bug and after a couple of weeks replaced the RP3 with a Rega P8/Apheta2 MC, Rega Aria phonostage, Rega Power Cable, Rega Couple2 interconnect, Rega P8 wall bracket, Witch Hat Phantom speaker cables and a new rack.

6 Likes

I loved my gen 1 Muso, I chopped it in for an Atom but I do remember thinking at the time that actually in many ways it’s all you really need, haven’t heard the gen 2

2 Likes

Sorry, didn’t hear the gen 1 so can’t compare. The gen 2 is amazing though, made me a bit sad about my main system (still is better of course).

I’m still waiting on a Qb gen2 which I’ll be able to compare against a 1. My dealer said the difference is such that ab-ing it is better, but if 20min between sessions you wouldn’t be able to tell which is which.

:flushed:

Bought my TT 2 a little present

12 Likes

Having had a chance to listen a bit, it’s really amazing what sound this thing produces. As mentioned I can’t directly compare the sound to the gen1, but I can compare a few other aspects to a Qb gen1 and the Uniti Star.

I feel the previous incarnation of the volume dial was better. Not the top / touch bit. But the aluminium ring and its action were better/nicer than the current acrylic one. But that’s really nitpicking, it’s a sensible thing to save cost on and hopefully use elsewhere in the product.

The only real gripe I have is in the finish. While the casing is nicely anodised, the front edge is bare. This is mostly hidden by the front cover, but still shows slightly, especially on the corners. It’s not something to not buy it over, but I kind of wouldn’t expect it from a premium product as this. I’ve found no such issues with the Star or gen1 Qb.

In every other respect it’s great!

Enjoying my new purchase, a pair of ATC SCM40 speakers in Cherry. An ex dem pair, so run in and I got them for a good price.
Pic shows a snippet of my oldest component and my newest.

31 Likes

How do you find it?

61xRPd9-ewL.AC_SS450

_DSC4094
In order to switch from my Synthesis Roma 510 AC integrated tube amp to my 282/200.
I need a little help though.The manual of "One little bear"strongly suggests to turn the resistive load on, as seen on the front panel, when a tube amp is connected.I suppose this helps when speakers are not connected and so this could help preventing possible damages.Any thoughts?
Thank you.

2 Likes

2 granite chopping boards to stand my Focal Aria on. Have a carpet on floor boards floor so a trial to see if this helps what may have been a bit of a boomy bass.

4 Likes

Haven’t done a huge amount of listening yet. Initial impressions were that there was improved clarity and spacial positioning. Felt like I’d lost a little base or midrange but as I say on only a small amount of listening and that straight out of the box without any burn in. I’ll let it run in and post what I find

1 Like