What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Some systems just strike you as very nicely balanced and likely to sound very good. Yours is such a system.

1 Like

New feet

13 Likes

So I have road tested

Tellurium Ultra black II - as per my earlier feedback excellent separation of each instrument, real good top end (not too bright)as well as controlled bass…

Chord Signature - to my ears a small step up from TUB II, slightly more detail

Then tempted by my local dealer to listen to

Chord Sarum T - initial response is simply wow, wow, wow…the increased level of detail coming through is remarkable…when they say forget about the system / cables and just listen to the music they are spot on…I was sceptical that these would be worth double the cost of the others but to my mind they are worth every extra £…hopefully I could save a fortune this year by not buying new music as I will want to revisit all of my catalogue to hear how even better they now sound…

4 Likes

Buddy, I was hoping you didn’t post that. I believe you tried the Chord Signature XL which I also have. A 4m pair costs £2,400. The Sarum T would likely cost close to my entire system if not more

Having said that, now you have got me interested… :grin:

1 Like

Has the Witchhat Phantom arrived yet?

Phantom vs Signature XL or Sarum T would be interesting.

Not as yet, the phantoms are going to have to be amazing to come close to the Sarum T’s…people say and I’d agree that when you get a Fraim it’s as good as a black box upgrade…well I’m thinking the same for the Sarum’s…the detail / depth and timing is fantastic…audition a pair now :thinking::grinning:

@Hifi-dog

It’s now installed, and though there’s no increased lifting of veils, or deepening of inky blackness, the top end does sound slightly cleaner, against the Cisco, and the stereo soundstage seems wider.

Probably just expectation bias on my part, but since it was something of a bargain from Acoustica, and includes the upgraded linear power supply, I guess it’ll be staying.

Unable to comment on these, since, in spite of the helpful “calculator” on the IsoAcoustics website, they managed to send spikes with the wrong thread pitch for my MF9s.

Never mind, the correct ones are winging their way to Chez Dave, as we speak.

Worth noting though, for anyone else about to order Gaias, do double check the existing thread size / pitch on your speakers.

1 Like

a NAP140 and a CDX for an olive system, now I need a 72

5 Likes

Do you have it cascaded from the Cisco or direct? My ee8 sounds better direct

My set up involves a 30m ethernet cable running from my router through to the Bonn N8, with both my HDX and streamer hooked into it, so, direct.

The Cisco has been taken out of things.

Do you run the linear power supply upgrade on your ee8?

1 Like

Nah , bog standard psu… for now

Taking a flyer on a preloved XP5XS. According to opinions here it’s going to be a great value or a huge mistake. May the odds be in my favor!

1 Like

I think with older Naim kit, you can’t really lose out. If you like it you have a bargain. If you don’t you can normally sell it for what you paid for it.

I’d be interested in your feedback. I almost took a flyer out on one as well but passed for now.

Will do! If I don’t like it you can have it for cheap :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in North America! :slight_smile:

IFi Zen DAC Signature now driving Drop HD 6XX and Koss KPH 30i

4 Likes

A used NAP 200 taking over amp duties from my Unitilite. Welcome addition for my Neat Motive ! Need to settle on a CD transport next and I can ditch the Unitilite for a 272.

13 Likes

I have the Nova on order (they say first week of May :worried:.) I think if Clare really cared she go kick some butt and get mine shipped! Lol…

I know. We are neighbors in the PNW lol.

I was hesitant too. The thing that swung me was the Martin Colloms review in Hifi Critic. He stated how he was surprised it was so good on his NDS and gave it the Hifi Critic Audio Excellence Badge.

1 Like