What was the last bit of gear you bought?

ND555 and 555PS last year nothing yet this year but we have a few months left?

you have 3 months to buy the melco n10 and a second 555dr :star_struck::partying_face:

Kevin, the Sony D100 is an excellent choice of recorder. I have had the PCM-M10 as well as the PCM-D50 - they’re all fantastic, but the D100 updates things nicely, fixes a few frustrating niggles and of course adds 24/192 and DSD recording capability.

Something you might like to know is that some of the accessories offered for the previous PCM-D1 and PCM-D50 also work nicely with the PCM-D100.

The VCT-PCM1 compact tripod stand is definitely worth looking out for - it’s a rather lovely thing made from solid alloy with typical Japanese build quality, feel and finish.

The CKL-PCMD50 folding leather carry case can also accommodate the PCM-D100 and not only offers a nice bit of protection to the body but also folds to make a fairly effective table top stand for casual use.

6 Likes

if you record a live concert with it, and put the file on your nas, does the sound quality is enough good to listen on your system ?

1 Like

Some new speaker cables.

11 Likes

@TheKevster means you can record and still bop around to the sounds of ESE and the Vooduu people and still get excellent SQ :+1:

3 Likes

It’s very good, and certainly quiet for a portable all-in-one, but it’s probably not a substitute for plugging into a properly sorted microphone tree with serious microphones like you would use for a commercial recording. The Line In, especially at higher resolution, is really excellent and it could easily be used as a digital recorder for an analogue source such as vinyl, reel tape, radio broadcast etc…

1 Like

with the sony wd6, i had a good microphone with it. I was listening to the concerts i recorded on my main system. Was very enjoyable.
However it was a 2k system.

Blimey, Kev. That’s impressive. It comes with its own syrup!

6 Likes

i had this one, was a crap.

Ekos SE which replaced by trusty Ittock VII after 14 years, also what you can’t see is NAIM prefix S which also went into deck replacing 14 year old stageline -

9 Likes

10 Likes

I think so (but I listen to a lot of bootleg live recordings!). You may get to hear for yourself soon enough :wink:

1 Like

@Richard.Dane that little tripod looks really nice - probably more suitable than the Manfrotto tabletop camera tripod I’ve been using - the Manfrotto does seem to transmit noise. I will keep my eyes peeled for one on the second-hand market.

My final speakers. Spendor 2/3 r2.

Ultimate enjoyment :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Keel and Kandid to complete my record player.

1 Like

I can’t vouch for how effective it is compared to the Manfrotto, but it feels good, and seems quite inert when tapped. Most of all, they developed it for the PCM-D1 so you’d imagine that SONY did their homework and it therefore works without feeding microphonic noise back into the recorder.

2 Likes

282/HCDR NDX2 HiLine :scream:

G

8 Likes

Linn Lingo 4 back in February.

TBH, it transformed my LP12.

5 Likes

In march as a birthday present (65): Syno from betonart

8 Likes