What was the last bit of gear you bought?

My 252/Supercap DR upgrade from last week is settling in rather well and it can’t be too long before my 300 (non DR) arrives… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

We found a number of them on our property too … the previous owner used them to ward off bears … he said they worked too.

1 Like

Aaah … you mean like this one Mo is sitting on ? We have a number of them littered around the house. They’re only 14 months old and still very frisky … and whilst they’ve never shown any real interest in the speakers I just have a feeling …

9 Likes

Contender for the latest Trafalgar Square statue!

4 Likes

Yes, and that one has the added advantage of providing a strategic viewpoint so that there is less need to sit on the speakers to survey your domain.
(I find Shahinian speakers quite an effective deterrent too)

Have you tried buying Naim gear lately? Been waiting months now for my CD.

2 Likes

I’ve had those boots on my OB1’s, I think you’ll find they’re a keeper…

1 Like

Still waiting for comment from @anon4489532 on speakers wearing clothes or was it a dog coat, not sure………he must be on holiday.

S -

They look so unbelievably dreadful that it’s hard to know where to start. Any cat that needs twice weekly mail clipping is very likely being denied the outside space it needs for a happy life.

Is that ok?

4 Likes

There it is…….:ok_hand:

Perfect…

2 Likes

Shouldn’t that be purrfect ?

1 Like

Wow beautiful cat.

1 Like

Aah … HH … totally up to par, well done.

Though my usage for biweekly was meant to convey every 2 weeks not twice a week … the vagaries of the English language.

I seem to have accomplished my mission by having them designed so unbelievably dreadful such that it would not give you a place to start. :grin:

For the cats lovers on the forum I’d like to point out that the cat (there are 2 actually, brother and sister) besides having the run of a rather large house they can also come and go onto a 1,700sqft wooden deck that they can scratch to their hearts content whilst also chasing bugs, leaves and the occasional dive bombing bird … but strictly speaking they are not outside cats as they have no access to the yard itself . .

Having said that they want for absolutely nothing in either the food, recreation or love department. They are doted on …

Keep up the good work HH … you are a gold mine of information on this forum and the place would not be the same without you; and I mean that in all sincerity.

2 Likes

I don’t have cats, but ProAc’s are know for fading. So I bought a pair of extra long and big pillow cases from Amazon! They are satiny micro fiber and they cost me a Whopping $20.00 they do exactly what I wanted and they even look nice :+1:

8 Likes

Stunning lookers @opus … My speakers are weirdly shaped … they are 16Inches wide at the bottom but only 4inches wide at the top plus they have a back with an odd geometric shape … I actually described the construction shape to the company who build mine as 2 rather large pillow cases … same dimensions from top to bottom …

well done.

Thanks John.

Just bought a 1m pair of Audience AU24-SX Balanced to use between my ( waiting for it ) Hugo TT2 Audience AU24 SX XLR

2 Likes

Very nice. I’ve just had another email giving me a dispatch date of the 12th November.

Hi Roster! The BNC cables are excellent! The Mscaler pushes the Qutest to another level.

It was so good I sold the Qutest and have a Hugo TT2 on order, and just bought a pair of Balanced AU24-SX interconnect for the TT2.

So it’s going to be Auralic G1 > Mscaler > TT2 > all AU24-SX

My last digital upgrade will probably be to an Auralic G2.1 but I think for now I’m going to try and be responsible

2 Likes

Audio wise SRC.DX USB to dual BNC converter.

For those who use HQPlayer or PGGB files and want 24/705-768 via BNC to their dual BNC DAC. Or up to 352/384 on a single BNC.

Very nice, great build quality and still taking in the improvements!

2 Likes