What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Congrats! I am glad for you.
However I feel you answered to me by error, because I didn’t asked about the BNC.

Well the Gaia 3’s turned up before my OB1i’s so I’ve quickly tried them on my old Ruark Prelude 2’s.

Wow! I wasn’t expecting much, but it’s been an improvement across the board.

3 Likes

A second pair then?! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Two weeks ago I listened to one of these. Collected it today. The next batch may not be delivered until September.

19 Likes

:grin:
OB1i’s have now arrived and are all set up.
Very happy, they’re not going anywhere!
Got the positioning sorted quickly too.

5 Likes

These arrived today, I just hope they are what they are cracked up to be!
I have some cheaper fuses and there is an improvement so I was encouraged to push it out a bit especially with the buy 2 and get a 3rd one free offer! I am however a little apprehensive about trying these for the first time! So this leads me to a couple of questions so that I can get the best out of them.

The information leaflet says that fuses are directional and these ones should flow from S to the R. Am I right to assume that the S should be towards the cable end on a UK plug? I have a Hifi Tuning fuse which came fitted in my mains block and it follows that direction. Basically what direction does electricity flow through a UK wall plug, I’m just not knowledgeable on this subject!

Also it says to allow 200 -300 hours for burn in, so what is the best way to burn in? Is it enough just to leave the equipment turned on or do you need play music? For the time being it is a turntable only system so i can’t leave a tuner on or repeat a cd.

I hope some of you more knowledgeable people can help me out!

1 Like

Can’t answer your questions but I do look forward to hearing about how you got on with them!

If it’s for Naim, it goes against the forum rules.

So long as they are fuses for the UK plug then it’s probably fine, so long as they meet regulations.

Obviously replacing the protective fuses inside the equipment with anything that’s not the exact same, like for like, is something that should NEVER be done. Very dangerous and will likely void not only any warranty but also any insurance should the worst occur.

2 Likes

Both ways. Forward and back.

1 Like

Alternately?

I assume the question is about supply side and return side. Live to neutral.

Yes, alternately. I don’t see how there can be directionality involved - it is a simple sine wave.

2 Likes

LP12 Sub-chassis - Keel.

Bought exdem, watched it being fitted yesterday and today in between other jobs listening to lots of Vinyl.

5 Likes

Yes Richard they are for wall plugs only. I wouldn’t dare go inside anything else! By the way, only 3 LPs in and already there is a marked improvement!

Sorry I meant to say they are sold by a UK business for UK plugs so meet the necessary regulations, otherwise I wouldn’t buy them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Directional AC fuses… Jesus… I’ve heard it all now.

10 Likes

“Also it says to allow 200 -300 hours for burn in, so what is the best way to burn in?”

I am to understand that this phenomenon does not exist and can’t be measured. :grin:

I think the phrase is _ I’ll get me coat……

Scott

3 Likes

Funny, but …

As for which way round to fit it, Jason Gould advises as follows:

“If the kite safety mark is embossed on the edge of the of the fuse’s conductive cap the fuse value should point towards the bottom of the fuse holder. Should the kite mark be embossed on the very end of the fuse’s cap then the fuse value should face the top of the fuse holder”.

From the Naim fuse FAQ: Equipment Fuses

2 Likes

Just a word of caution: I once got my hands on a very nice chair and decided to wrap it with a protective cover because of the cats. They took to it nicely and scratched the cover a lot. So I was pleased that I had had such a good idea and protected the chair. Then one day they managed to poke a hole and scratched the chair. Exhausted, I removed the cover and for the next several years until their death they never even looked at the chair. I learned that it was the cover that they wanted to scratch, so this turned out not to have been such a great idea after all

3 Likes

If it is AC does it not just go backwards and forwards…

Think sine waves…

I see it has been said before, sorry to repeat comments