What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Coverage is the only thing I can do from a company near me …

Some other:

MNPC tech Primo. 200 eur

Project ground deluxe. 300 eur.

2 Likes

I just received the picture sitting on top of the Fender amp today. It is a drawing by my girlfriend printed on a broadband absorber 10 cm thick. She is obsessed with libraries but I am the one who is into literature of the two of us. Some time very soon the picture will be hung on the wall, but not tonight.

10 Likes

It has a purpose of course…

1 Like

Had this a while but only plugged in last week as I wanted to hear the upgrades I’ve done this year step by step. A new 555DR replaced the original 555PS the CD555 came with too so both need some running in but all sounding decent so far though. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I had a set of Gaia III under my turntable (as replacements for the feet). They worked well, but not as well as using HRM Nimbus pucks, which in turn didn’t work as well as the Delos with the turntable OEM feet restored. The Delos has been the best by far for turntable isolation. Now I can play anything at any volume without issue (like woofer pumping).

2 Likes

A separate spur being fitted as I type.

G

1 Like

New DAC to replace my previous Metrum Acoustics Menuet.

2 Likes

NDX 2. So good.

4 Likes

I just installed the Magico S3 MkII and will add the SPOD spikes after final/fine positioning.

After about 25 hours warming, the speakers sound simply amazing!

The music floats in front, between and behind the speakers like a musical ghost.
Everything’s so airy… unbelievable!

I wasn’t expecting such result as I auditioned these speakers with a 700 series Soulution system.

The Naim 500 series isn’t in the same price range but still, it sounds absolutely superb.

Breathtaking…

7 Likes

Have your past JMR some strengths that are missing with the Magico?

Congratulations Thomas ! Magico makes wonderful speakers, will not audition the S3 until I can afford it

2 Likes

Thanks Lio :smiley:
I’m thrilled!
I just listened to Daniel Lozakovich playing the Alegro of the Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 35 (Tchaikovsky). What an amazing performance. The S3 MkII simply disappear leaving Daniel Lozakovich, his violin and the Philharmonic Orchestra of Russia.
Screen Shot 12-12-19 at 10.35 PM

3 Likes

The S1 MkII are pretty good as well! Not as impactful as the S3 but certainly the best “full range like” 2 way speakers I’ve heard (it shares the same tweeter and woofer technology).

Unfortunately, Magico is pricey… :pensive:

Preloved 552DR. Coming from 282/supercap 2, the improvement has been massive.

8 Likes

Just been to Ipswich and relieved those nice gentlemen of a 552, ultra Gen, super lumina and a couple of power lines. Coming to have some lunch and get cracking putting it all together

17 Likes

@biddler66 When you install them it is best to keep the floor on the bottom for optimum results.

13 Likes

Ha, new Apple upgrade, I haven’t looked into sorting it, but thanks !

1 Like

HICAP DR to complete my 202/NAPSC/200 setup. Also a HiFi Racks isolation platform for the CD player. It all seems to be coming together very nicely thank you. :grin:

13 Likes

Congratulations @Thomas I can only imagine how the system must sound. I think you may have covered this in a previous post but can you remind me which other speakers you considered and came close to buying in that price range.

1 Like