What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Thanks @jsaudio !

The S3 MkII’s really sound amazing. And the pairing with Naim electronics is better then expected. In fact, it sounds even better then during audition in the dealer’s listening room. My room is much smaller (~33 m2) but has a pretty nice acoustic treatment. The result is airy, breathtaking, really.

Placed an order for the Neat Motive SX1’s today. Should arrive later next week, to replace my Neat Iota Alpha’s.

16 Likes

Very nice !

1 Like

Nice system. Solid choices. I remember starting down the Classics path with a 202/NAPSC/HiCap2/250. Brought me lots of joy.

1 Like

And look at you now:

NDX2/XPSDR + 252/SCDR/300DR + Fraim; …

If I’m not mistaken, I suggested Fraimlite for additional headroom!

The dreaded four words:

I told you so! :laughing: LOL…

Merry Christmas to all!
Enjoy Your Music, The Why!

3 Likes

I already had Fraim when you mentioned it. I’ve added two levels to accommodate XPS and 300PS. :slightly_smiling_face:

MUTEC 3+ World Clock USB

Takes USB, SPDIF and AES inputs, reclocks and outputs to SPDIF and AES. I am using from my Melco or Nucleus+ into my DAC(s). A great uplift to RedBook and HiRes files, for a sub-£1,000 outlay. The Mutec can be configured for other interface tasks, e.g. SPDIF to USB for computer input (I intend to rip vinyl with this as I have an AD conversion in my older DAC/pre that I normally use just as a pre).

I replaced my 282 and 250DR with a 252 and 300DR which also by necessity meant I had to replace my HiFi unit with a Naim Fraim - base plus 4 levels.

Since I traded in my 282 and 250DR, as well as my Sennheiser HD800S headphones, Chord Hugo2 DAC, Chord Mojo DAC and Chord Poly Streamer and assorted Chord Company cables to help pay for the upgrade to Fraim and 252/300DR (and Naca5) I no longer had an office listening setup so I also ended up buying a Naim Mu-so QB2 for the office.

I think I’m done with upgrading for a little while as I wait for the new gear to settle in. Loving it all so far.

25 Likes

Yes, I knew you had Fraim earlier this summer. I was shocked that the post ‘Is Fraim really worth it’ was still active when I checked in last week!

I think that’s when you mentioned Fraimlite:

“Once my 300 arrives tomorrow I’ll be using a base, intermediate level, and two std levels, plus a Fraimlite on top, supporting 300, XPSDR, SCDR, 300PS, with a small record shelf on top of the Fraimlite.”

I always follow you, just love your system!

Fraimlite may not be a Fraim, but it integrates into Fraim very nice!

Just curious, is the 252/300 head and shoulders over the 282/250?

Enjoy Your Music, The Why!

Allante93!

2 Likes

Point being, I new you had the Naim bug! I took the Flu shot.

The bug doesn’t impact me! :laughing:

Congratulations! I believe you had the Sopra 2 before. How do they compare?

No, he had Jean Marie Renaud Abcisses.

Right, I just use Fraimlite to finish off the top of each rack. I don’t like my uppermost boxes exposed, and I can use them to put things on top (like my record rack).

There is no contest. The 252/300 is so much better than a 282/250. So much more open, controlled, detailed, with more refined and accurate soundstage, etc. Everything is a lot better.

3 Likes

And don’t forget the extra punch. Everything including the bass is bigger.

Just a short review on this really excellent Turntable PSU. Firstly it’s a really easy fit not as easy as the LP12 PSU’s as there is a single wire to solder but follow the instructions, snip some wires remove the old PSU and add a small blob of solder to another and your in business.

It’s a small two box PSU the first box that’s connected to the deck is no bigger than a box of matches and can either be stored inside the deck or on top of the other box which is also nice and compact these two are connected by an umbilical cord.

The Technics original PSU isn’t bad to begin with but this MCRU, Long Dog Audio PSU takes the deck another couple of steps toward being pitch perfect and for the money is an excellent upgrade.

I just simplified my system by purchasing a Superuniti. I wanted to be able to access new music sources, and I also wanted to hear some Naim gear.
I have a Linn Unidisk 1.1 that has had the Dynamik power supply upgrade, so it sounds very good thru pretty much anything, but it sounds fabulous thru the Superuniti. The internal Linn dac sounds slightly better than playing the Linn thru the Naim dac, but the difference is small, and I’m very impressed with the Naim dac.
Overall, I just love the unit. One really does become addicted to the Naim sound after a while. It’s replacing a cj PV-5 pre, and an Ayre V-3 power amp, however, my reconditioned Kef R107’s require the use of the Kube, so I will be buying an NAP 250 from a friend, so that the Kube can be connected between the two. It’s great that the Superuniti has pre outs, but I wish it also had main amp ins. Although from what I’ve heard of the NAP 250, I’d probably be picking it up anyway.
But the sound of the Superuniti is truly impressive just as it is, and I’m extremely happy with the purchase. The internet radio sounds very good as well, so I’ll be selling my Rega Radio R.
Anyway, I’m glad to finally be a part of the Naim clan, and I’m here to stay. Brilliant gear.
Cheers.

Dave

5 Likes

Same here. Not a lot if love for 202/250 but it served me well for a while.

Stageline S.

Reasonable cost for the unit and I already have unused power supplies and cables

1 Like

It’s been quite a journey this year! I have upgraded to da Planar 8, added a full fat Fraim (I bough this used from a couple of different people & need to change the uprights to black on the top level). Finally, today I collected some Harbeth Super HL5s which sound stunning! I think I’m happy for a while now!!

12 Likes

I should think so! Lovely!!! I even think the contrasting uprights are rather avant garde!

1 Like