What was the last bit of gear you bought?

:+1:

1 Like

Just a few days more waiting for the proper custom din cable and all user features of the n272 have finally been replaced :sunglasses:

4 Likes

My Solstice has arrived at my local dealer’s shop. :grinning:
As luck would have it, I am away on vacation. Will be arranging the delivery when I get home. Major shout-out to Tyler at Next Level for getting his hands on it and taking great care of his customers. Not sure why the UK has not seen theirs yet?
ATB,
Mark

4 Likes

Hi,
would you mind describing the effect of the Sicomin bases on Naim electronics? I had a Carbofibre for a couple of weeks thanks to my friendly dealer, but prefer the Sicomin visually.

Sorry can’t help much there. I admit that at some point I was fed up with trying a million different things. I can’t fit a double Fraim and my Naim dealer, who also knows the Sicomin stuff very well since back in the day, recommended it. I liked the look and found the used price bearable, so I went with it.

I very much don’t trust any comparisons I made after hours of tearing down and rebuilding the rack and cabling without and with bases :slight_smile: but after I had added them I thought it was “better”. Put a gun to my head and I’d say cleaned up and more coherent, but it has been a long time and I certainly had expectation bias.

I was wrong about exhausting the Naim-sized supply though, I very recently saw a bunch including Naim size on Ebay Kleinanzeigen, which is a site with classified ads (no auctions) in Germany, for 100 euros a pop. (Half of what I used to pay, great :wink: )

1 Like

Thanks, the ad you mentioned is why I asked. The seller isn’t that far from my place, which got me thinking. Bis später!

Viel Erfolg :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mark84,
Where did you by from cables, is it from the factory or dealer / retailer and what is the length?
I’m asking this since that I’m living in the country where Naim don’t have Distributor …
… and also you are very impressed by the sound of the new cables …

Mine were purchased from Australia. A dealer called sight and sound galleria. Yes absolutely love them. Installed and forgotten about. Glad to no longer be thinking about cable choices. I was initially worried as some people say they are too bright. Not my experience. Detailed and sparkly but still very delicate and smooth in my system. If you own Naim you must at least try I feel.
Mine are a 4 meter pair.

1 Like

Yes I own Naim and I also have A5, BUT they are 2.5 m length, soldered with “?” and are 20+ year old.
As you, I never think to change them, just to get 3.5 m + length ( as is recommended … ) and soldered “by the book” as yours … hope in the factory since that packing is Naim …

o ho una coppia di Kudos Cardea C20. accoppiato al mio Naim Uniti Nova. Suonano egregiamente bene.

Ordered a couple of additional BJC ethernet cables on Monday night…they just arrived ! - pretty impressive delivery…(and not a silly cost).

3 Likes

Purchased recently:-

Innuos LPSU for Zen Mini 3
Streaming cables - Chord C Stream and two Chord Epics

It’s been an expensive couple of weeks but my system sounds fantastic now.

Peter

7 Likes

Entity 1.1 first spin on it and oh my!

5 Likes

Google tells me it is a phono preamp?

Stageline to replace Dynavector P75/2 and its loverly!

2 Likes

Would love to hear more (when you’ve listened some more), as I’m seriously considering the Entity as an upgrade from my Trichord Dino.

1 Like

Been shopping?
How d’you cook it?

7 Likes

Even if I may have made some progress in uk spirit of humour, I can’t understand that. It’s very uk specific, as “Matron” for example.
It’s a humorous movie from the 60’s?

2 Likes

FR, it is a sketch from Monty Python’s Flying Circus from 1969, a TV comedy show, very ahead of its time back then.

I, like one of the…ahem…ladies in the sketch, was curious about an unidentified purchase of another (@nicnaim‘s).

No reason why you should have got this, very British, very old and very Monty Python.

2 Likes