What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Just bought a non DR SuperCap at what I thought/hope was a good price, for my Superline.

Looking forward to using the Burndy that came with the Superline, although I don’t know if a Burndy has audio superiority over a standard SNAIC. I assume something must be better :slight_smile:

For future reference, what’s the approximate cost of a DR upgrade (via a factory service)?

1 Like

Cost of combined service and DR upgrade is £1999. Hopefully you need both, as Naim will not do the DR upgrade alone.

1 Like

@ChrisSU

Thanks Chris.

So, the service/DR upgrade will still bring it in at around a grand less than new. Happy days :smiley:

1 Like

What looks to be a close to mint, recently serviced NAP120.

Will be setting it up after Christmas (when it arrives)

iso acoustics Orea Bronze 4 nos under my 10 Kg Philips CD960 CD player

i did want to try vibrapod etc… but i got a good deal i think and frankly the itch was too much :grinning: and i plunged…

4 Likes

fabulous , somewhile back i was priveliged to go to the Uk premiere showing of the magico A3 in London. a very special event and bringing the price down opens up to more people .

Mac mini for a dedicated music server for Roon and Cisco 2960 switch

Much better sq for the NDX2.

I was using an old external SSD drive on my old MAC in my bedroom to serve music, and the HD was in another closet upstairs. All this was going over Wifi using Eero (3 Pro’s “meshed” together). Now it’s all in the music room using ethernets with decent Chord ethernet cables to the switch. Unfortunately, the storage is the much maligned WD My Cloud NAS, but it was given to me from a friend, so free is hard to beat price wise!

I will eventually upgrade to WD Red’s and a sinology NAS or QNAP, depending on my research and advice.

2 Likes

Gorgeous Titans. Bet they sound amazing through your amazing system!

Against my better judgment (I really need to fund a power supply for my NDX), I have succumbed to temptation and have a chrome bumper NAC 42 on its way to me as the start of a second system.

Oh dear, never mind.

Now I need to find a matching NAP 110 (or NAP 140?). I trust this combination will pair well with a spare set of Spendor 3/5 speakers for late-night jazz music at lower volumes.

1 Like

Yes dan, they are fantastic speakers and are a great purchase second hand. Bought them blind based on some great advice from some other forum members here in the USA.
They fill my large room with beautiful music
David

Thanks! The Magico S3 MkII are indeed amazing speakers. Far better then many more expensive speakers. The S3 MkII is probably the sweet spot of the whole range.

As for the A series, the technology employed inherits from the S and M series.

I auditioned both A3 and A2. The sound signature is slightly different from the S and M series, specially in the low end which a bit more present.

I was impressed by the A2 which a really good speakers for the price.

Magico is raising the bar quite high!

You said far better vs other expensive speakers. Have you listened to a lot of other speakers in the same range?

15 6.35mm silicon nitride balls…

I’ll explain later in a post about what I did with them.

1 Like

Arrived today. Naim Flash remote control, to join my Naim CDS ii CD player. It looks as though it has hardly ever been used, is free of damage and functions as it should with my cdp and nac82 pre.

It’s a hefty bit of kit weighing in at 401g (14oz).

13 Likes

The mind boggles…

2 Likes

I’m expecting compliant decoupling with the application of dissimilar material theory.

1 Like

That’s what I’m hoping for to.

1 Like

I’m hoping they’ve been painted red for a tiny snooker table.

3 Likes

@Mike-B, Very, very close.

It’s energetic decoupling through application of dissimilar material theory without using what would traditionally be considered a compliant component (unless you consider 3mm thick brass to be ‘compliant’ when used in compression; ‘compliant’ is a relative term, when compared to silicon nitride brass is quite compliant!).

They’re way too light for that, you’d need tungsten balls to make that work (osmium or plutonium would also be effective).

Love the theory though, it appeals to my silly sense of humour.

1 Like