What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Awesome, enjoy!!!

1 Like

What’s new, the SN3 + HiCapDR?
House to yourself is a gift in itself :innocent:

3 Likes

Thank you.

Yes, new SN3 and HiCap, and as added bonus , house to myself until tomorrow.

6 Likes

That’s a win/win in my book, a lovely combo and sure to reward you in the listening ahead.

2 Likes

Have fun, the SN3/HC combo is great, your TT will also enjoy it!

2 Likes

I’ve just found out that the remote control supplied with the SN3 operates the controls of my 20 years old Arcam CD72 CD player.
Now that’s a bonus.

Edit: and the Arcam CD72 remote control operates the volume control on the SN3.

3 Likes

I thinks its called RC5…

I found a similar thing Arcam amp remote works. My Rega CD player and visa versa. They look pretty similar too

I know it’s still bedding in, but initial impressions?

Bloody hell, this thing’s quick. I thought my old Apple Airport was fine, but this has really speeded up the streaming.

6 Likes

Well, my dealer arrived at 13.30, set things up and we listened to a few tracks on LPs and CDs and he left at 1530. I’m still here playing music , it’s 21:30, I can’t stop.
Things obviously sound different, I’m hearing more. I’ve never understood when people said music had texture but, I think I do now. It’s certainly more muscular than my Arcam.
The sound stage is more expansive and now I have some depth. Black Coffee sung by Peggy Lee, she’s front stage singing and there’s a trumpet player well behind her. Previously that player appeared close to her. I’m comparing everything to my Arcam that’s all I know.
I am really rediscovering my music.
At the present I’m playing a CD, Nicola Benedetti, Baroque. I love Baroque music.
It’s mine it’s not going back.
You really have something to look forward too.
It’s going to be a long night.

16 Likes

I’m so happy for you, now I’m really looking forward to the arrival of mine…have an awesome evening!

1 Like

Congratulation! …thrilling times when everything gels and the soundstage is laid out in front of you while your listening to the music!

2 Likes

Well the SN3 and HiCap have been playing music now for over 6 hours non stop. I’ve been occasionally touching them to feel how warm they’ve got. Well, if the SN3 was water it would be less than tepid and the HiCap hasn’t got a temperature at all.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Good to read this! Don’t forget to update your system details in your profile. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you. Oh, I forgot about that, will do.

1 Like

Just bought some naca5. Sorry too excited to take pic before installation so just pic of the box here. :joy:

Apparently some local hifi stores aren’t doing so well in the second year of covid so there are some good deals around. Sorry if this cause some new gear itch. :relieved:

9 Likes

You mean The Smiths now sound like The Smurfs?

11 Likes