What was the last bit of gear you bought?

This fella arrived earlier, a Tellurium Q Black II 5 pin Din. Unlike the original it has a nice braided sleeve, and is a bit floppier too, which is helpful.

9 Likes

JCAT cable not available anymore so I got this one instead;

3 Likes

For the Study system, two TT’s with MC cartridges, to connect to one output into the Nait 1…does a nice job…

4 Likes

Just received this to play around with…

3 Likes

A pre loved Nait XS2 to replace the 5i.

39 Likes

good choice… exactly what i did… then supernait 3…

2 Likes

Bedroom system, already better than it needs to be.:grin:

The Way To Go…

1 Like

I recall when I did the same - big upgrade (IIRC mostly in relation to depth and everything just being fuller/more physical).

Of course, if everyone bought preloved, Naim would cease to exist. All my system was bought new, other than a 30 year old tuner.

3 Likes

But if you can get decent prices for your preloved Naim kit, it can help fund new Naim upgrades. Many Naim dealers will take your pre loved Naim gear at attractive prices as part-exchange on new, or even preloved/ex-dem gear because they know there is a strong market for such ‘traded in’ gear.

Strong resale values, and a culture of servicing and repair support, is a positive for the brand and can help with the decision on which brand to invest in, and I use he term ‘invest’ loosely.

I do agree that there must be a strong level of new purchasing to sustain Naim but I can only see a strong Naim resale market as a positive.

16 Likes

@anon4489532
@NigelB

Both your positions are true, but have to happen jointly… :crossed_fingers:

It is also true that taking into consideration the state of health of Naim these days, it is highly likely to happen… :smiley:

2 Likes

Remember anything bought Pre-Loved was bought new - by someone else. And that person may well have got a good trade in deal as a result - or made a bit back on a well known auction site.

It all drives the economic cycle.

My 250 was bought new - as was one of my HiCaps. My LP12 & all its bits & bobs - bar the recent Lingo (Mk 1) - were also new. My 102 - now sold on - was also new. As were my Royd Doublets. Before that, my 42, 110 & SNAPS were new. So I have bought it bit - just not recently…

I blame the usual candidates, for doing such a good job in selling Naim Pre-Loved gear. Which does allow us with less resources, than perhaps yourself, to still progress… :thinking:

2 Likes

Agreed… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Good for the planet too….

2 Likes

Good, all round. It allows those to whom New Naim is just way to much, to participate. And - for people like myself - with now reduced means - to hang in there…

So - I thank those people who bought the following items new and then sold them, allowing me to buy them:

82, HiCap (my 2nd one), CDX2, XPS2 - and Linn Lingo Mk1, Kudos X3’s. Plus various leads.

Thanks to TomTom & Cymbiosis for aiding & abetting this… :smiley:

3 Likes

Amen to that!

Tom and his mate Tom are good friends of mine too. I certainly wouldn’t own such a wonderful system without them.

2 Likes

I know the arguments as well as anyone else. I was simply responding to ‘The Way To Go’, written as law not option.

This little iFi Zen DAC v2 was delivered last week to compliment my new Focal Clear MGs, to allow transportable listening around the house. Does it match the Atom HE that’s in the living room? No, but it’s surprisingly close! A rich, warm sound now that everything has run in.

It’s running as a Roon Endpoint via a MacBook Air M1 through an Audioquest Cinnamon USB C - USB B cable. Probably the best value-for-money hifi purchase I’ve ever made.

I should also add that Roon controls the Mac Core Audio output via USB and seamlessly alters the bit depth, format, and rate to match the source file/stream. Unlike Apple Music on macOS. Come on Apple!

Daz

6 Likes

Sigh… its the Internet. Just my view - you do not have to like it - or agree with it, @anon4489532 .

Thread now Muted. I’m out of here… :laughing:

1 Like