What was the last bit of gear you bought?

You’re gonna need a LOT of batteries! Mine is now back in its box in the loft. The ND555 remote, with system automation enabled, controls everything and you can disable the auto wake-up which hugely increases battery life.

Hope you enjoy it (at least until the novelty wears off :wink:) as it is a lovely bit of kit!

Cheers,

Ian

I haven’t changed the batteries on my R-Com for a number of years in spite of using it most evenings.

If an R-Com chews through batteries then there’s probably an issue with it that needs seeing to.

2 Likes

Cheers Ian. I use the iPad mostly for select, play, stop etc and only reach for the ND555 control for the volume so I’ll give the novelty of the R-Com a go for a short while…until it wears off!

I may even disconnect the RC5 and do without automation. I never really need it.

G

1 Like

I do notice it lights up if I as much as look at it…Seriously though it is sensitive, so if @IanF has it somewhere like the arm of the sofa, where mine is presently, and you’re shuffling about, it comes to life.

G

Yes, mine’s the same. If it’s on the table in front of me and I go to something up for the same table then it will light up.

1 Like

Another Sub Amp for Sub No 4 :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Just got my Witch hat Hatpin 4x for my 272/300DR. Very good value for money upgrade in my setup :ok_hand: More air, definition and separation is my first experience. Much bigger upgrade than some here have concluded IMO. It’s almost on 555PSDR level but maybe too much adrenalin going on here. I hope :laughing: Now time to let it settle in and see if more will happen. Bad thing, I’m already on my way to Morgana due to the positive experience with this one :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

More slam? Dam.

3 Likes

Having previously owned both the Hatpin and Morgana, with the 272/555/300DR, I found the Morgana a far greater increase in SQ than the Hatpin. In some ways I was disappointed with the improvement of the Hatpin over the Naim supplied cables but that is just my opinion. Enjoy your new Hatpin cable :blush:

1 Like

A fuse !

Yes, I think I may have over-emphasised the battery usage but I did find it distracting! The ND555 remote gives me the functionality I need without having to resort to the iPad or my phone every time I want to do something. And, as mentioned, has the option to disable the auto wake-up!

No doubt the Morgana is a significant improvement over the hatpin. Little doubt about that. And so it should be.

It’s arrived!

1 Like

Piccy…in due course, impressions…

Enjoy

1 Like

Of course. Not had chance this evening to set up and listen, but tomorrow……

1 Like

Some listening fluids for tonight :grin:

10 Likes

Not tried that, looks good though :tumbler_glass:

How’s the sound

That’s quite an upgrade!

Hey

Well after 2 weeks of running the Atom HE and the Clear MGs, they both sound fantastic. I’m not very good with explaining the subjective stuff but this system really does tick all the boxes.

It’s lively, accurate, detailed and really conveys the pleasure of the music. I’m an ex Stax user of many years and this combo really surpasses what the SR-404 and a top solid state energiser offered.

The headphones are comfortable enough for all day listening (I worked for 5 hours the other day and sort of forgot I had them on) and to my ears are a perfect match for the Atom. All the music I’ve listened to sounds just how I think it should sound.

I have tried a bit of EQing through Roon (a convolution filter) which was recommended by Headphones .com but I have turned it off as I prefer the Naim tuning.

The recent Naim and Roon software releases have cemented my belief that products like the Atom are the future. My Apple Watch can now control the playback controls for the Atom, including volume. Brilliant!

Don’t get me wrong though, my 282/SC/250/ATC SCM12 still sounds fantastic. But I think the Atom / Clear combo is as good. Proof that your bang for buck goes a lot further with headphone systems.

Of particular note this system has reinvigorated my enjoyment of classical music. I can’t imagine some of the well recorded and mastered tracks I’ve listened to sounding any better. John William’s original Anthology recordings of Star Wars (1976) sound so real I’ve found myself turning my head to follow the sound across the orchestra. And Vaughn Williams sounds great.

The Clears are very open. You need a quite room to hear them at their best. And I prefer the volume not to loud. About 40 on the Naim scale.

As you can see, I’m quite happy. But I must add that the little ifi Zen DAC v2 is also absolutely brilliant too. A truly stunning bit of kit for 150 quid.

And a final thought, both the Atom and Clear’s took an age to run in. They sounded quite disappointing at first! To the point where I nearly got worried. But patients won out. The ifi Zen DAC v2 sounded perfect out of the box.

Daz

8 Likes