What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Edwards audio sp speakers

They have no right to sound so big for such a small speaker massive sound stage

11 Likes

A text arrived at 4pm to say my qb was ready to collect.
The carton won’t quite fit in an Indian Roadmaster top box but the lid will nearly close on it and a bungie held it there on the way home.
Set up wasn’t that straight forward as wifi wouldn’t play, though wired had no trouble. A reboot of the router was needed to find it on wifi.

3 Likes

I still can’t get over how good the Tab10’s sound with my 172/200. A hifi I could easily live with.

3 Likes

They look great Steve. Where are they from?

1 Like

Me: I call my dealer to see about possibly getting an NDX-2 by Christmas
Him: Hold on - well, we just got one in
Me: Take my money, take all my money. :crazy_face:

35 Likes

The AT95 series is excellent value with a Shibata and Microline all for well under £200.

What, you paid full price? Wow!

Did she re-stack them and sort them in alphabetical order? Absolute quality :grinning:

3 Likes

I had to rearrange some bands ( in order in the other boxes )…to keep The Doors together etc. But, I have to hand it to her: she’s made this part of my LP collection much easier to access, and she’s made our living room look much nicer.
So I’m taking her out for a good meal and bubbly… only fair!

10 Likes

Give a Roland Gold MIDI a shot…. it’s likely what was used to record whatever you are listening to.

Connecting a 5italic & NAT05 … if there’s a difference between that & the Naim lavender I’ve been A/B testing I can’t hear it.

$25 for 1.5m

1 Like

Well, after buying new amps/PS’s/speakers earlier this year, I thought my upgrades were over for a while…

However, an ex-demo ND555 has come up at my local dealer at an excellent price. I have taken the plunge, will part exchange my NDX2, and it is being installed next week.

I’m delighted, particularly given the recent announcement of the whopping £3,000 price rise on the 555 from December.

That really is IT for spending. For now, anyway :smiley:

10 Likes

Whilst I work out what to do streaming wise I bought a Primare NP5 to feed my Hugo.

Really easy setup, and more convenient than USB from my phone into the Hugo. Could be my final streaming solution, but two boxes and a SMPS is a bit fiddly/awkward so I still suspect a ND5XS2 is the way to go.

6 Likes

So, installation completed, a bit tricky as I couldn’t be bothered to disconnect and upend the speakers to align the isolator logos fore or aft but made do with tilting in situ, adjusting with the aid of a torch and the supplied wrench…… :relaxed:.

However, then testing with three demanding pieces, Rimsky Korsakov’s Scherezade, Vaughn Williams’ The Lark Ascending and Satie’s Gymnopedie revealed just how much more the PMC Twenty 23’s had yet to give - noticeably ‘improved’ soundstage, instrument separation; eg background kettle drums in The Sea and Sinbad’s Ship and no bass smearing; eg The Knife’s Silent Shout.

So, works for me and overall pretty good vfm in hifi land.

KR, J

2 Likes

Improvement to my Supernait 3

22 Likes

Putting Opus on my Humboldt and Rossini. Will keep powerline on clock. Won’t have them until next week. They list for $6k so I hope they are significantly better than Powerline. Had a Reference on my Bartok but preferred the Powerline.

Let me know how it goes.
You upgraded Bartok to Rossini?
I’m using powerline for my ndx2. And still waiting for my ND555 to come. I ordered nd555 in August and still not arrived.

I have the hybrid 19364-83803 hybrid with teflon jacket which makes a good power cable but it’s very stiff and unwieldy and it will not fit a standard uk plug, only the mshd plug or furutech and the clipsel which i’m using it with - the last 2 being in line straight plugs. The UK standard plugs are just to small to take the conductors because of their sheer stiffness. It’s quite good with naim amp but i now use the dh labs power plus with iego (new type) iec for a beautiful holographic soundstage. The power plus is unshielded and has a thick outer silicone sleeve with triple c conductors which i rate really highly and it’s also much softer and easier to use. It along with neotechs up occ is the best on the market and i’d highly reccommend it too!

Very nice, @Ronsky. Let us know what you think of the Hi-Cap on your Supernait 3.

So far so good! Listening last Radiohead right now, overall nice upgrade. I’m happy!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it. Thanks for responding!

1 Like