What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Thanks MDS. Mike told me about this mat upgrade. Once stock is back in I will try one and expect to keep it!
I watch a fair amount on You Tube as TV is pretty much a no-no for me these days. It might have been Michael Fremer (RMAF) or Steve Guttenberg who said the conventional felt mat was no longer thought as a good thing. Funny how Linn have almost sidelined their LP12 in favour of electronic products. Not much of Linn in my Sondek these days. Mostly Tangerine Audio.

@davidf love those T808 for me they are the finest speaker I have heard matched with NAIM and eay to drive those baby T505 are firmly on my wish list - just waiting for budget

and hearing those T808 active @Cymbiosis was a great day

1 Like

Yes Antz- the T88s are by far best speakers I have owned in 35 yrs of being into hifi. They replaced Focal 1038be’s in my very large room.
I drive them with 52/135s. There is a much more organic sound compared to the Focal’s. The Titans are not likely to lead to listener fatigue- I can listen longer than before.
The bass is super solid and fills my room. The higher frequencies are never harsh.
They are a great second hand value, especially when you consider how much the 808s cost.
I would call their appearance “purposeful”. I like their looks but in pics the 808s look much better- but again at a high cost.
-david

1 Like

Antz u know my titans are the older top of line T88s right?
The replacement for them are the Titan 808s
FYI

1 Like

Two racks of Atacama Eris.

Just moved my (active) system onto it. Ugh, what a pain.

Shame that the Eris is slightly different; one’s got silver ‘caps’ and spikes whereas the other is black. However, I didn’t have a lot of choice unless I wanted to:
A) Buy new…
B) Drive more than a hundred miles to collect.

Guess I’ve got to keep my eyes open for another set with silver caps since it goes better with the CB kit. Not as well as Fraim but…

282/HiCap DR/NDX2

4 Likes

And a second hand XPS-2 to power my nDAC.

I think it’s an improvement, but the only way to really find out would be to wait a bit and then remove it from the nDAC… which I’ll probably do when I send it off to be serviced in a month or so.

1 Like

Installed this past Saturday: XPS DR for the NDX 2 and a bamboo shelf for the Quadraspire Q4EVO rack for the XPS to sit on.

5 Likes

552 and 300DR back in July.

I’d like SL DIN-XLRs for my 300DR if I can find a pre-loved or ex demo pair at a reasonable price.

Prompted by this discussion I checked out the Collaro mat online. Interesting option, but I’m hoping it comes in a colour other than Red and without the slightly cheesy logo … anyone know if that’s the case?

1 Like

@KJC i think the answer on that is NO is both cases, I tried it on my LP12, but it was when my 252 was running in

from the guys I have spoken too it’s best with the Ittock or fixed arms and not Uni pivot such as ARO or TP Javelin

now my system is now on full song might look at again

Thanks Antz. I’m unipivot too, so between that and the cosmetics I think maybe one to put in the ‘possible’ category at best.

The mat retails for £100 and thats bargain for Linn/Naim pricing. It can be used with the logo face down I recall as well. At that price you are probably stuck with red.
If you can see the mat when playing an LP let me know.
Douglas.

Innous Zenith and Tellurium Q LS cable. Apart from Cisco 2960 a super invest, would start from scratch exactly again with these components :+1:

2 Likes

I hear you Douglas, but there’s more time than not that the LP12 platter is empty. I don’t see too many people who’ve invested in the cosmetics ( Harban plinths, Black Khan Top plates etc,…) who’ll take kindly to a bright red mat, me included - and I haven’t invested in either…

1 Like

I want one but can’t do red

New Supernait 2, my first piece of Naim too!

12 Likes

My recent purchase was a used (1 month old) Rega Planar 8 paired with a new Ortofon 2M black.

It’s sounding excellent!

9 Likes

Very nice! I heard the first Berkeley DAC many years ago, and if I hadn’t gone with the Nait XS2 and UServe, I’d probably have purchased one. But once I found the Nait, I decided to do ‘all Naim’ electronics and bought the Naim DAC, which I also enjoyed. But Berkeley sure do know how to build a musical dac.

A Chord c-stream streamingcable replacing the cat6 ethernet cable. A subtile improvement to the overall experience of the music. The presentation felt a bit calmer.

6 Likes