What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Got a brand new NAP300DR yesterday.
Needs to burn in now.

6 Likes

Very nice, its a great amp, enjoy👍

I have the original s 3.4’s and they’re the only component I’d never sell and would rather build my system around them.

1 Like

Congratulations! …and welcome to the forum.

What is the system surrounding the NAP300 DR?

I have Totaldac source (playing from Nas or streaming), NAC552DR, Tuner, french “artisan” loudspeakers (closed, inspired from old Naim ones).

1 Like

Got that sick Music Works Peeky G3 block. Best blind purchase to date!

If you are considering buying 2 Powerlines try this instead! You could be very surprised!

3 Likes

Just purchased a Supercap so I can swap the NAXO2 crossover out and replace with a SNAXO2-4.

Sadly bit-by-bit my CB system is being retired (the 62 was replaced by a 52 a few months ago). All I’ll be left with is the CB 250s. Shame really.

It’s rather ironic that the company that was instrumental in the vinyl revival now makes an excellent 2 box CD player, the Pro-ject RS2T/RS Pre Box. Also am I the only one that thinks Naim has let those of us down who have large CD collections. There’s only one stand alone CD player in their range. Having discontinued the HDX and the Unitisever (along with the other stand alone CD players) and replacing them with just the Core, a product that in my opinion doesn’t suit those of us with Classic/500 gear. The design is clearly more in common with The Uniti/Muso ranges. Anyway, just saying.

3 Likes

Naim let you down??? CD has had its day - it could be argued it should maybe never have had a day in the first place?

Given the problems inherent in getting the information out of a CD why didn’t we do streaming from the outset?

Regards

Richard

Just my opinion. :thinking:

Why is it a shame to replacing the CB stuff for the olive green - sentimentality?

It must be over 20 years now since I owned a CB device now.

Have just bought a UBG NAC52 and Supercap :grinning::grinning:

The later has just been serviced and the former is at Class A to be serviced.

The NAC52 will be taking over from the NAC82. The Supercap powering it will now power the SNAXO 3-6 in place of the Hicap DR.

Regards

Richard

I’ve just ripped all our CD’s - there really is no point keeping them anymore and very shortly they will be going. One less thing to be cluttering the house with.

Regards

Richard

I get the point, and I do exactly the same rip and stream (locally) but there are some that would still rather just play the CD.

Many Naim CD players can still be fully maintained, so the option is still there, albeit used. Hardly anyone was buying the big players so they stopped. If the market was strong they’d still be in production.

Again true, but the player they have albeit good, is limited. It’s has no way to upgrade or on digital out. And I just don’t think the Core is the product for most with separates. Without anything new from Naim, when it’s time to upgrade my server I’ll more than likely have to look elsewhere.

Does it sound better than the last one?

There are indeed other manufacturers of such devices.

Regards

Richard

Tend to agree with you Pete about the Core, hope this is not to much of a thread drift, but have blind tested it in my home environment/system against a Synology Nas and definitely not convinced to part with the money, especially when most purchases nowadays are downloads.

1 Like

The fan’s a bit noisier, but not too bad. I have it in an alcove and that suppresses the noise enough so that it’s not intrusive even in quiet passages.

Richard, don’t forget, copyright law says that if you’ve ripped your CDs you can’t sell them on or even give them away. You have to keep them. If you do sell or pass on a CD, then strictly speaking you’re supposed to delete it from your NAS. It’s unlikely that Plod will come visiting if you don’t, but I wouldn’t go shouting about it on the internet.

6 Likes