What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Any idea what the top 3 might be. Of course it varies from household to houshold, but in general?

Well I would have thought IPTV was the biggest load. However ISPs such as BT who offer IPTV support the correct multicast protocol support in their routers and router switchports…
Wifi mesh iand automation are probably others that are common… however I guess the only way to confirm for any given Lan what local groups there are is to list the multicast groups from a device supporting IGMP snooping.

I just received my customized record rack from Prathermade (ordered early August), using ebonized solid Ash and black amodized piping, to match my black/black Fraim. Even the feet are custom height to match height of my Fraim rack. I’m using it to store my most recent record aquisitions. New LPs rotate into the top-right shelf at front and circle around until they rotate out at the bottom right, to join the main collection. This encourages me to give new records more play so I don’t just file them away, potentially forgotten.

51 Likes

Very smart.

1 Like

Beautiful rack! Anyone know if similar record racks are made in Europe also allowing shipments? I’ve been looking out for something similar.

1 Like

Gorgeous Rottie’s

1 Like

Great idea. I do similar, but end up with most recent purchases etc… on the floor, which isn’t really ideal.

2 Likes

Like this :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

On the subject of new purchases, does anyone know the approximate lead times for new Naim equipment at the moment? I ordered a 282 seven weeks ago and as yet my dealer is unable to even get an approximate delivery time from the factory?

I’m not in a particular hurry and I realise that Covid has not helped production times at any company, just trying to get an idea of when to expect it…

Your dealer will know better than anyone on here. There could be all kinds of reasons why an ordered product can take longer than expected (and as you mention, the Covid 19 situation has adversely impacted some of the supply chain), but only Naim or your dealer will be able to give you the right answer here.

1 Like

I know from postings from @Simon-in-Suffolk he has been waiting for almost 3 months for a Chord Dave. My Etherregen was delayed due to a critical component being unavailable for a while, so it is not unique to Naim.

1 Like

I’ve got a pair of Cornwall IV on order. Can’t wait to get them! Love their presentation of music.

2 Likes

Naim delivery times can be a bit flaky I waited over 12 weeks for a CDI in the nineties and much the same for a 250dr some five years ago.

The good thing is that it is worth waiting for.

1 Like

dCS Rossini Masterclock…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Think I’m about 6 weeks now for my 250DR.
Not hopeful that it will be before December now…sigh…but, well worth the wait I’ve no doubt!

EE 8switch but I spare you the picture as it was delivered with the PS missing the clip-on plug that goes into the socket :anguished:

It was a factory-sealed package, I checked with the dealer who checked with the German distributor who told them that a “small number” of units were delivered without the plug adapter. You’d think they’d check if they already know, it’s a 500 EUR switch! They’ll ship it ASAP they said.

If you are going to order, better ask them to look inside.

you will see this speakers are fantastic

which amp?

i’m very excited as the cornwalls provide a level of detail, soundstage, and excitement that i haven’t heard in a long while. they’re just so effortless with the right setup.

the amp is yet to be determined. was defaulting to tubes, but you can’t use just any tube amp. was looking at a jadis orchestra black which was heavenly on the upper mids and treble but had absolutely NO bass. primaluna has a huge range of options, but i wasn’t hearing the magic i was looking for (but they did provide good bass).

i have a parasound jc5 right now that does surprisingly well with the cornwalls (but is serious overkill). after things get settled in, i plan to check out luxman (tube amp or one of the class a integrateds) and i’ll put the sn3 on the list, too.

1 Like

you know I use the SN3
love the power control - specially the bass

never heard them on a tube amp - but with my nait2 CB :slight_smile: this was fun.
but honestly the Cornwall paired with SN3 ist much more exciting :)))))

2 Likes

Any idea what the top 3 might be. Of course it varies from hh to hh