What was the last bit of gear you bought?

i think that is like how long is a piece of string is. The only thing I can suggest that has any value is to query the groups on your LAN using capable equipment… or if not possible - just trust your ears :slight_smile:

Don’t know about new, but I’ve been waiting 9 weeks for a dead Uniti to be repaired :frowning_face:

1 Like

I would just find a joiner (aka cabinet maker/carpenter) and show him those pictures. I’m sure you can get one made for not too much.

Very smart. I use a dedicated section of the LP rack for that discovery period, then file them with the collection after a while but that doesn’t match you dedicated shelf

BTW I find your room looks fantastic, congratulations

Claude

1 Like

Finally in the living room after the longest October ever: NDX2, 555PS DR, 252, SC DR, and an 8switch just because.

46 Likes

Very nice, wish you many many hours of listening pleasure.

2 Likes

A 8gb DDR3L 1.5v (low noise, low voltage) memory module for my ZenMini3, costing £32.99, replacing the standard 4gb module. Innuos use 8gb on the Zen/Zenith III which I believe use the same Intel N4200 motherboard as the ZM3 along with upgraded internal power suppplies, and a SSD in the case of the ZenithIII. The N4200 has a max memory size of 8gb, according to Intel’s own specs.

Fitting was relatively easy, although the memory slot is on the underside of the motherboard as fitted in the case. This required opening of the case, removal of the disk tray (holding the TEAC CD ripper drive and the Western Digital RED HDD ) as one unit, and the Intel motherboard to get at the underside. The only tools needed were two sizes of Pozidrive screwdrivers. No reconfiguration of the server, or the Innuos version of Linux was needed - the ZM3 just booted as normal when powered up.

Confirmation Bias, over the 5 days since fitting, tells me an improved soundstage for roon playback (3 endpoints), and no dropouts so far (which were occassionally happening) when in squeezelite experimental mode on the ZM3.

Next arrival, tomorrow, is the Innuos LPSU for the ZM3.

PS. Not a mod, but a legitimate upgrade using standard PC components.

Santa came early, hope the elves didn’t strain themselves lifting that heavy naim gear!

3 Likes

That is one stonking system, right there!

Enjoy.

(My autocorrect substituted ‘stinking’ for ‘stonking’. Had to correct the autocorrect fast!)

3 Likes

That was not too bad (though there was no chance to ask the elves what they think). But the plan was to install on the weekend and you can imagine how well that went - I’m sweating, my knees hurt, and now I need a quick trip to the home improvement store :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You will definitely enjoy the NDX2. I’ve had mine just over 2 weeks and its sounding very good. Can’t quite go to the system you have yet but the 282/hicap and xpsdr are really doing the business. I found only the occasional drop in sound quality during run in so far - you have to run in 4 boxes but it will be worth it!

Andy

2 Likes

At least it will all be done in one go (the NDX and 555 are 2019 pre-loved though). Yes, the 300 had mad swings in the first weeks too

Keep us posted, hope it goes well!

Will do

If that is a lump hammer to the left of your new boxes I would strongly suggest reconsidering your installation technique…

Of course it could be just to give the streamer a light tap if the screen freezes, in which case it’s probably OK?

1 Like

Haha, yes, it is. I did a lot of home improvement these past months in addition to the system and just let it all pile up until the system is installed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Step one. Got a bit late. Surprisingly I connected everything correctly and it played music right away, but some things are to improve and finish. Will post proper pictures in the system pictures thread soon. Many thanks for the avalanche of likes for the previous post, and thanks to the whole forum, I could not have done it without you. Good night :sleeping:

24 Likes

Just awesome, so happy for you. I’ll get there one day :grin:

1 Like

Hi,

How pleased are you with the Isoacoustics isolation platform?

I have been on on a long restructuring of my system and an isolation platform for my Clearaudio

is nearly the final part.

Love your system

Best wishes

7 Likes

Very nice rack… what about???

1 Like