What was the last CD you bought

11 Likes

Hope you are OK, and able to enjoy the music.

I’ve been totally fine so far and on my 8th day, over the worst, I hope. Enjoying the new firmware update on my Nova and some new Bill Evans CD’s amongst others. Thanks for asking.

2 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Ladies & Gentlemen.

7 Likes

Love Monk, love this guy’s playing so really, what’s not to like?

2 Likes

I had never heard of this CD, which is “Amazon’s Choice” for Ry Cooder. This is the soundtrack of a Les Blank documentary which you can also watch on YouTube and stream to your AppleTV. His Flower Films did many great music and food related documentaries, including Dry Wood, Hot Pepper, Spend It All, Always for Pleasure, Gap-Toothed Women, and many others. If Les Blank is interested enough to do a documentary, it is cool. The CD has a great live feel, with Ry Cooder, Flaco Jimenez, Terry Evans, Bobby King, Jim Keltner, and others.

6 Likes

Today my fingers slipped (it wuz the cat wot did it, honest luv) and the following should be arriving shortly:

Premiata Forneria Marconi : The Manticore Studio Albums 1973-1977, 4CD Box Set

Hawkwind Warrior on the Edge of Time: Expanded Edition

Yes, I am indeed a “sad prog rocker” (what’s worse is that I can claim to have seen both of them in in the early '70s!)

8 Likes

Aretha Franklin Original Album Series

7 Likes

Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder (2019 Remix)

4 Disc deluxe box includes 2 cd’s with 23 songs Blu-Ray 96/24, DVD, 40 page booklet, double sided poster and 5 postcards. 8 additional songs not on the original release.
Preordered for release on the 20th November

3 Likes

Bob Dylan Oh Mercy reissue SACD Mobile Fidelity.

6 Likes

Ordered. Thank you :slight_smile:

Three for a quid from the charity shop:

facd347_1_450

8 Likes

Arrived right now.
Thank you @TheKevster

5 Likes

Two CDs, one LP, a DVD, a book and a nice pink box, arrived just now from What Records.

4 Likes

3 Likes

One to replace a worn out 70’s cassette

Deep Purple - 24 Carat Purple
All killer and no filler as they say

10 Likes

Some '70s prog! Saw them at uni, around '73-'74

2 Likes

Arrived from Discogs today just in time for the weekend. Awesome stuff.

11 Likes