What was the last CD you bought

Thanks for that @TheKevster, should be here tomorrow and at a very reasonable £16.18

1 Like

New in today - Ray Charles, Genius + Soul =Jazz. With Count Basie’s band.

7 Likes

1 Like

A few CDs in the last few weeks!

Joe Bonnamassa - for no other reason than I like him
Beck Hyperspace - been meaning to buy this since it was released - its been played a lot via tidal.
Ranier Fog, The devil put dinosaurs here, by Alice in Chains and their self titled album. My wife and I have got a bit obsessed with Alice in Chains and have been playing it nearly constantly over lockdown. I wanted to get the entire back catalog on CD and get the quality uplift from playing CDs instead of Tidal
Royal Blood.
The Orb NSA008 - Another tidal find. I was into Orb and electronica at university some years ago and a new album by them always holds some interest.

6 Likes

Oh and the new Tool Album. I’ve been looking forward to getting it for months.

1 Like

6 Likes

The latest album by Phill Niblock, in collaboration with German avant-garde big band The Dorf: Baobab / Echoes. Looking forward to listening to this on cans later, Niblock’s sound is usually very immersive.

One of those 3-CD sets on Sony/Universal you can pick up in Sainsbury’s for a fiver. At least half of what’s on here will be rubbish but there will be enough decent stuff for casual/work listening, or selecting a particular half-remembered track from one’s youth.

4 Likes

Hi Kev, what is the latest timing on the new ESE cd?

1 Like

Delivered chez moi this afternoon @Gazza :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Excellent, good Sir👍

3 Likes

Added the 2014 Japan issue of Sleepwalk to my collection, and bought the outstandingly good new Joey Alexander CD for £4.99 in the HMV sale.

1 Like

500 of these…

13 Likes

:open_mouth: :woozy_face: :joy:

2 Likes

David Bowie - ChangesNowBowie
Record Store Day Limited edition CD.
Recorded in NYC for Bowie’s 50th birthday, the mostly acoustic session was broadcast on the BBC on the 8th January 1997.

11 Likes

Hope you have played each and every one to ensure satisfied customers😉

4 Likes

:rofl:

Four CDs of classic soul bangers for a fiver. Can’t be bad, especially for casual/work listening.

3 Likes

Top-ranking pianist and cello player get together, with fiery results.

Miles Davis Kind of Blue legacy edition with a DVD and book which are quite interesting, some nice B&W photos etc

The 180g blue vinyl arrives tomorrow, thought I’d treat myself as old one worn out.

8 Likes