What was the last CD you bought

After being pretty much underwhelmed by both Pigs and a recent concert film by Waters, I thought I’d take a chance on this as only a tenner. Not my usual thing, this kind of bombast stuff, but we’ll see how it goes…

4 Likes

Yep, he’s rather bombastic, but there are some good tracks on that album - including the title track.

I’ve just realised the album (Floyd) is called Animals not Pigs…lol. Still didn’t like it.

1 Like

@steviebee,

What do you think about Alan’s Psychedelic Breakfast in Atom Heart Mother?

I think it is a masterpiece.

1 Like

@Rafael

I’ve always liked it, Rafael. Always liked AHM - we used to play it in our Sixth Form at school, along with Johnny Winter’s first CBS album. Both were big hits with us.

1 Like

An amusing bit of whimsey…nothing more.

I play it often, to remind myself that I am mortal.

2 Likes

Got it cued up on the streamer after the classic “Surf’s Up”.

I’ll report back in 14 or so :laughing:

OK, so now I remember why I always move on after Fat Old Sun…life is too short, LOL

Whimsy on the whole I think is better than bombast.

I’ll take The Kinks, anyday.

Waters is definitely an acquired taste but I think Amused to Death is an excellent album, especially the hi res remastered copy.

1 Like

This very attractive new 6-CD Ray Charles box set, with a previously unreleased 1972 concert as a highlight…

7 Likes

3 Likes

Just arrived, I had wanted this for years!

SACD The Dark Side of the Moon

Thank you @TheKevster for the heads up!

12 Likes

Ooh, looks good. Which version of the SACD is this exactly, do you or does anyone know?

I have the other or another version, not sure how many there are:

4 Likes

@Charles64 – that is the 2003 hybrid CD/SACD. Both that one and the latest (2021) Analogue Productions/Acoustic Sounds one were done by James Guthrie, they are the same mix/master:

2 Likes

Bought today whilst in Manchester having driven over the Pennines for the Test match which was cancelled at the last minute.

One - Bob James

1 Like

Thanks Kev.

That 2003 SACD is the biggest selling SACD ever, at more than 850,000 copies.

Blimey.