What was the last CD you bought

Another couple of CDs. Kali Trio are from Switzerland and Loom is their second album. Nicolas Stocker (drums), Urs Müller (e-guitar) and Raphael Loher (piano).

Tamayura, meanwhile is a collaboration between Karin Nakagawa (25 string koto), Hans Tuzer (sporano sax) and Paolino Dalla Porta (bass), with Katharina Dustmann guesting on percussion and Marco Ambrosini on harp.

Three jazzers:

Mingus as I have his albums mostly on LP and having these on CD is a no-brainer, and

Wayne Shorter Speak No Evil

Nuff said.

10 Likes

Speak No Evil, the first CD I bought, ever, in 1989.

2 Likes

Great stuff! She has been my favourite since the 1980s. When you have explored all her solo work, I recommend you check out the 7 (?) albums she made with the 10,000 Maniacs up to 1993.

Ah, they don’t make stuff like this anymore :laughing:

Both are the “expanded” versions - well, why not?
And I’m hoping to get a few more of their early albums for my birthday, later this month

9 Likes

Hot Wurlitzer trio jazz…

Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

THE MISEDUCATION OF

The Future Sound of London - Lifeforms.

The_Future_Sound_of_London_Lifeforms1

Thievery Corporation Cosmic Game!

Thievery_Corporation_Cosmic_Game

5 Likes

Gary Moore is good…and Peter Green is above …amazing

My first Larry Coryell CD

5 Likes

Starting my weekend…

51ATeOpqApL.SY1000

5 Likes

A glas of wine and some Mozart, lovely.

The first of many, I hope.

Triple disc set of music from, about, and inspired by Spain – jazz, classical and traditional.

2 Likes

Since i have been buying a lot of compact discs lately to feed my new CDS3, i thought i should participate in this thread :slight_smile:

Let s start with the latest disc (or rather 3cd set) from one of the most interesting and consistentely inventive electronic music duos around: Matmos - the consuming flame: open exercises in group from.

It is released on Thrill Jockey, so usually not available on streaming services.

3 Likes

@conlegno mmhh…interesting, tell us more once you play it :blush:

It is available on Amazon HD. Sadly I can’t settle to it. A wee bit too challenging.

Bought today in Paris…

863580BF-715C-41C7-B4C7-5872CE86FDE4

TENET_SOUNDTRACK

4 Likes

5 Likes

8 Likes