What was the last CD you bought

6 Likes

Some great - and new - Mingus on that one. George Adams and RRK are in great form. As are Bluiett and Don Pullen.

Today three additions to the collection …

10 Likes

Really liked the last kali trio record, did not know them before you posted about them. Thanks!

1 Like

Promo of this compilation which is out 17th July on double CD, double LP and hi-res download.

1 Like

Ready for ripping this weekend…

Muddy Waters - Folk Singer.

folk Singer

Keb’ Mo’ - Slow Down.

Keb' Mo

Tom Waits - Mule Variations.

TOM WAITSI LE

11 Likes

Arrived yesterday, 2 cd’s involving Satoko Fujii, one of my favourite pianist in improvised music.

The first disc is a duo for piano and vibraphone, which makes for some captivating listening as both instruments are often played as a percussion instrument, intertwined by beautiful melodical passages.

The second disc (which i did not listen to yet) is yet another duo, this time with ex-Ruins drummer Tatsuya Yoshida, which i expect to be much more explosive.

Both records are releases by Libra records, which is the label she runs with her husband Natsuki Tamura (a very accomplished trumpet player on his own)

1 Like

A classic „guilty pleasure“ from one of the best pop albums of last year, Jessie Ware’s What‘s your pleasure now as a special edition with a few new tracks which adds some awesome cuts to make you boogie all night.

2 Likes

@conlegno – Try Keshin, it’s one of her best albums (also on Libra).

Fine violin player. I have these:

61fPDKPhRbL.AC_SX466

M.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Just arrived from Amazon.

7 Likes

You need to send it back, it’s the wrong way round…

1 Like

:rofl:

Under warranty…

4 Likes

From a charity shop:
Fairy Tales of Hans Christian Anderson - stories read by Sir John Gielgud, Ginger Rogers and Boris Karloff (among others).
Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business
Sophie Evans - The Studio Sessions
Tenby Male Voice Choir
The James Pearson Trio - Swing the Club

From an independent music shop - Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti (remastered)

50p each from a local record store :grin:

5 Likes

Aging, I appreciate the DBQ more and more. What they once called Campus Jazz, meaning something easy and not-up-to-cool, is now to my ears well made music immediately speaking of its era.

M.

1 Like

One of the best electronic music records of the last years, percussive, wild and definitely a workout for any system regarding bass and imaging: Jlin - Black Origami
The CD packaging is deceptive and shows why many people do not care about cd’s as a physical format.

Black Midi - Cavalacase is another adventurous record from UK rock band black midi. Don’t buy it on vinyl yet the first pressing had some odd choices as how to spread the songs along the LP, resulting in a very densely pressed record on one side. As for the music i doubt many will last through the first 3 songs as it is a challenging listen from start to end, but if you can get into it without feeling assaulted you will be rewarded by what surely will become one of this year’s best albums for creative rock music.

1 Like

Double CD from Aussie pianist Alister Spence and his trio, accompanied by the legendary Ed Kuepper.

1 Like