What was the last CD you bought

This one because it was commented in a review of a Gryphon Diablo.

41lXdHWSisL.SY1000

And this one because it was used by @Simon-in-Suffolk to test his Chord kit. Tank you for mentioning “Your Mind Is On Vacation” Simon!

2 Likes

The new album from H2SO4 – number 2 of a limited numbered edition of 250!

2 Likes

Time for some Texas Boogie

7 Likes

Sam-Gopal-Escalator-1969-Album-Cover

waiting to arrive in post:

5 Likes

Nicely produced album from a new talent. Rhythmically interesting.

2 Likes

Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Waters.

Garfunkel

Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence.

SIMON & GARFUNKEL

The Doors - Waiting For the Sun.

WAITING FOR THE SUN

Doors - L.A. Woman.

The_Doos_LA_Woman

15 Likes

New discs arrived yesterday. Yay!

9 Likes

Purchased yesterday

Tedeschi Trucks Band featuring Trey Anastasio - Layla Revisited, purposely avoided all the video’s that are circulating so i can enjoy this fresh and new.

11 Likes

s-l500
Increasing my holdings in The Gathering with two more albums, Home and Souvenirs.

2 Likes

61aIFEl1bMS.AC_SX355
Some lovely music on this - with some interesting arrangements of songs.

Some great frame drum playing too

2 Likes

Arrive tomorrow

2 Likes

This just arrived from CD Japan, beautifully packed as ever. It’s absolutely exquisite – a CD and blu-ray housed in a 7-inch gatefold sleeve with all manner of goodies: posters, photo books, inserts, obis etc. A truly wonderful example of Japanese attention to detail.

11 Likes

@TheKevster I may have asked you this before (forgive me if I have) but I’m trying to purchase the best copy of DSOTM and struggling to wade through the BS. I’m surprised something so popular isn’t available as a hi res, but it appears it isn’t.

1 Like

Nick Drake‘s three CD‘s…I want to have his music on a real physical medium:-)

3 Likes

@Pete_the_painter - you can get it on 24/96 if you buy the Immersion box set. I think the best sounding version is the SACD if you have an SACD player, otherwise the standard Guthrie 2011 master is very good.

If you’re asking about vinyl, that’s a whole different ball game.

1 Like

The Immersion Box Set also includes a beautiful version of Money by Roger Waters on classical guitar that you can only find there.

@TheKevster, I imagine the SACD you mention is the audio DVD. How do you convert this to 24/96?

Just purchased a few CDs and a DVD+cd from cdjapan.

1. Bill Evans - Montreux II
  2. Bill Evans- A simple matter of conviction
  3. T-square - AI Factory
  4. Taeko Onuki - Symphonic concert 2016

Enjoyed Bill Evan’s music, easy to listen to and a great way to introduce jazz to new music lovers. T-Square is Jazz fusion, more upbeat and electronic. Lastly, saw the 2016 performance of Taeko Onuki on youtube and decided to buy it. A CD copy is included with the DVD.

3 Likes

No there was a hybrid SACD released in 2003 by EMI and Analogue Productions/Acoustic Sounds have just reissued it. James Guthrie authored it and it sounds fantastic in both stereo and 5.1. I have an Oppo SACD player so that’s how I listen to it.

3 Likes

Japanese CD reissues are the best.

1 Like

That Taeko Onuki looks interesting, i only know her early and 80’s stuff.