What was the last CD you bought

I have only discovered her music through youtube recently. I find her voice kind of relaxing to listen and the arrangement with the symphony rather enjoyable.

Ok I found it, thank you!

1 Like

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
Raise The Roof (Deluxe CD)
Pre-ordered for release on the 19th November 2021

12 Likes

From Discogs…

R-10200560-1493296445-8935.jpeg

5 Likes

I’d always hoped that there would be a follow-up to the excellent “Raising Sand”. Can’t wait for this release.

2 Likes

A new charity shop opened, three for £1.
One of the reasons for a large collection!

12 Likes

Some excellent finds in there. Certainly a few you’d never expect to find in a charity shop.

I have a growing collection of Mosaic boxes.
Like a hawk I enjoy the hunt because as with this one they do pop up at very fair prices.
N

3 Likes

Nice little hoard from today. Not bad for £6.50

12 Likes

Ooh, toad wet sprocket… great band… been listening to several of their albums recently after hearing them on Paradise.
Bodeans are another good listen, not that you have a Bodeans CD there, just a similar band.

1 Like

This is the last one I bought, it was about a year ago. Ok I do like Ry Cooder but this is a wonderful live album. If you appreciate music at all you should surely enjoy this, it’s a joyous occasion recorded in the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco where you can just feel the music and intimacy of the performance. It makes you happy, smile and feel good, well it does for me :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Two from Sade, Promise and Stronger Than Pride from Discogs.

11 Likes

3 more for the collection. Not bad for a quid.

8 Likes

Sonny Clark Trio ordered on CD, should be here by next Friday - August 20th.

Sonny Clark Piano
Paul Chambers Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

9 Likes

To celebrate my new Uniti Nova, I purchased several SACDs

Workingman’s Dead MFSL
American Beauty MFSL
The Nat King Cole Story AP
Bitches Brew (including multi-channel, which I hope some day to be able to listen to) Sony (Japanese I think)

I will rip them using my Oppo 105.

3 Likes

These two arrived yesterday. Not had time to listen so can’t yet comment on the sound quality, but if it’s anything like the download (flac) then it will be fine.

IMHO the are both excellent in terms of composition and musicianship. DB deserves to be better known.

These are some serious bargains. Not sure we have these kind of shops here im Germany.

It’s been a long time since I did a raid on Poundland…

8 Likes

@Graeme - does the bond one include Skyfall?

No. This compilation was made in 1991/2.